One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-13 04:39:34

Portager

Apocalypse Vault

So I thought I would throw this idea out on here before suggesting it on the reddit to gauge feedback. Obviously, the apocalypse just triggered, and we lost a whole bunch of towns and a decent share of people are feeling glum about it. What if there was a way to construct a room/vault where items and memories could be kept safe from the apocalypse. So at the very least, a few pieces of the last generation could survive into the new world.

In terms of gameplay, it would mean little to nothing...you can rebuild anything in this game, some objects decay, and most things lack sentimentality. Still, I think it would help mend some people's broken hearts to be able to save that car that they spent their whole life working on, or a letter, or even a town sign from destruction. Even a few pieces of Anal town for instance, would be pretty cool to have.

#2 2019-02-13 05:31:06

narla_hotep

Re: Apocalypse Vault

lol sorry for being butthurt about anal town (hehe). I would be down with the idea of an apocalypse vault, but that opens up the problem of -how many are there, how large, who decides what to put into it - etc

#3 2019-02-13 06:16:52

antking:]#

we could make a time capsule made out of iron, that acts like a basket.... allowing you to place three small items, then you burry the box and it will be safe after the apocalypse! once you buried the capsule you won't be able to retrieve it until the apocalypse has happened, making a revealed time capsule! (can't be reused)

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#4 2019-02-13 18:05:10

BlueDiamondAvatar

Interesting idea - anyone read the Mistborn tirlogy?  Reminds me of the vaults in there.

Maybe you have to paint an ancient stone wall with something made from ground up endstones?  Also giving the anti-apocalypse crowd a way to make the apocalypse less likely....

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

Board footer