One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-12 23:50:07

narla_hotep

Anal Town (+apocalypse rant)

Anal town... What a legend.Will it crash and burn, or will it be the next apocalypse town, or will it find some peace?

The town is made up of the Count and the Luna families, so I managed to spawn there a short time apart. The first time there was a war going on over the crown, with tons of assassinations... I started life as one of the queen's guard, and ended as the queen herself. My own daughter cursed me because I was chasing a criminal and accidentally caused some... uh, collateral damage. Right before I died, I rediscovered a note with part of an HP Lovecraft quote that I wrote in a smaller town about two days ago. Did that town grow into Anal Town? Or was my note brought over from another place? So many questions.

In my second life, I was one of the children born to the few survivors of what appears to have been a great war for the crown. I helped rebuild the dying megafarm in my youth, and had many children - but unfortunately, only seven sons and one daughter. Right as I hit old age, the crown was rediscovered by a young boy doing some exploring. I cautioned him that the crown brings death, but he refused to listen. Right before I died, I made some paper and completed the quote I had started long ago. The quote is right under the Anal Town sign, for posterity. Only time will tell if Anal Town will fall into monarchy and disarray once again.

Anyone else got cool stories from Anal Town? Feel like we gotta document this place before it all comes crashing down.

Last edited by narla_hotep (2019-02-13 02:35:28)

#2 2019-02-13 01:40:26

hmrka

Re: Anal Town (+apocalypse rant)

As the person who vandalised and locked the sign saying "town of anal" I feel proud of myself. At first it was named town of anglicia or something like that. Great place and I had a few nice lives in it.

Were you perhaps my mum? She guarded the queen and killed some people, I wasn't around when it happend. but I did see a lot of bloody corpses. There was a lot of drama and I think the crown got destroyed? Also my grandma had crown when she died, I don't really understand what happend because I didn't feel like going along with their roleplay lol. I made some wheels in the small camp in jungle south of city, sadly as I was around 30 yrs old mosquitoes bit me and because of my clothing I died.. standing on ice didn't save me from it. Right as I got over the fever I literally starved when pulling my pie out of backpack :(
me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … d=3358015&

Anyway long live anal town! I made two planes in it and in total I think the town had like six diesel engines made? I did just two of them. I made one of the lightbulbs for the radio transmitter too! Thanks to whoever finished my work and made the daniell cells!!!

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#3 2019-02-13 01:52:12

LucidFugue

Have also been here twice but never saw any drama. Mostly just tried to make diesel engines, had babies, showed them around proclaiming how lucky they were to be born in the megacity.

#4 2019-02-13 02:00:19

sinfulcliche

I do! I was the first Luna to arrive in Anal Town. At first I thought my home village was great. There were people arriving back to the village with carts full of iron, and the berry bushes were all ripe. As I became a toddler, I found an empty sheep pen with no poop in sight. The soil piles were running out, and everyone was using the soil on maintaining the too-large berry farm. Before my eyes, I saw everyone of all ages munching away at the berries. I looked on in horror at the hordes of screaming babies being born, and the mothers caring for them without realizing their impending doom. I knew I had to escape! Hastily, I grabbed a basket and plucked the last berry from the whole field. I knew the bell would be my savior!
My trials walking 3.3 k to the village were long and hard. I hastily dodged through swarms of mosquitoes and packs of roaming wolves. As I got closer to the bell, I tried raising a few kids, hoping they would accompany me to the village. Alas, they all starved. As I was walking with my final son a grizzly bear came out of nowhere and ate him! But I had no time to stop and mourn. Released bears must mean the village is close!
I walked into the village, the people were very friendly but curious. They all asked me where I came from so I told my story. I warned them about the bears too. I became friends with the queen, and we were chillin' in the bakery together. Some had this last name I can't remember, but it definitely wasn't Count. (Another mystery perhaps?) The baker was worried about the village losing their name.
"Why so many nameless people?" he asked. I said it was probably because nameless mothers naming their kids. The queen agreed, and right at that moment I got too old. The queen had a baby soon after! She picked it up and said "We should let you name babies since you have a last name."
So that was my job! For the rest of my life, the queen and another mother would bring me their babies to name. The first girl I named was a bit peculiar though.
"When I close my eyes I see dead people." She smiled while dribbling a goose. As I got older I named my last few babies and chatted with the queen some more before passing on. It seems that the original family's name died out, but I'm proud that my name is still going!
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3356736
Long Live Luna!

#5 2019-02-13 02:03:58

narla_hotep

@hmrka, editing because I misread your post lol. so in your early life you made it town of anal? niice. I checked your lineage - so you were Juniper? Then yes, I was your grandma Butch!! lol

@sinfulcliche, That's awesome! The Luna fam lives on. Well I think so? Last I checked it was on gen 24. I was gen 20. What's funny is, when all the queen drama was going on in my first life there, the current queen proclaimed that only someone with the last name Luna could be queen. I didn't have the name, so I was just the guard, but when she couldn't find a good successor she shrugged and gave me the crown anyway.

Last edited by narla_hotep (2019-02-13 02:07:19)

#6 2019-02-13 02:10:13

Lone Wolf 2.0

I've been born there twice, and the first time around my mom had a golden crown that was nice and shiny. That was two days ago, and I have no idea if crowns decay or not. The wiki says they don't after I checked, but I've seen those rusty things that look like crowns on peoples heads a few times. I was a Star, and Eve Star's last words were "I'm coming home lord..." Sounds like she found the place again! Mom gave me the crown before she died, I was her last kid and I buried her near the graveyard. Most of that place has notes on the graves, and I never got around to getting her one due to raising children + having to go do things irl. Never found out what happened to the crown after that, but I have a speculation. Ended up giving her crown to my last kid, a son. The second time I was born there I ended up being a son, and starved due to my mom not picking me up in time even though I was practically screaming F, saying it repeatedly. So much for that. Apparently people had gone on a murder spree from what my mom told me, and it looks like the Star family died out.

I'm guessing that after I passed on, the crown went back to being a symbol of monarchy instead of a shiny object that was fun and kinda cool, and that got most people killed. Or maybe a lone griefer came in and did a bunch of damage with false accusations as well as murdering whomever crossed their path?

tl;dr: Got a crown from mom and passed it onto my youngest son. Second time I starved when I was an infant and looks like the town got wiped due to a murder spree.

Last edited by Lone Wolf 2.0 (2019-02-13 02:13:07)

Have you been to Harvest town, a place of plenty?

Notable lives:  Akira Milk, Bud, Lotta Dyke

#7 2019-02-13 02:22:57

Grim_Arbiter

hmrka wrote:

As the person who vandalised and locked the sign saying "town of anal" I feel proud of myself. At first it was named town of anglicia or something like that. Great place and I had a few nice lives in it.

Were you perhaps my mum? She guarded the queen and killed some people, I wasn't around when it happend. but I did see a lot of bloody corpses. There was a lot of drama and I think the crown got destroyed? Also my grandma had crown when she died, I don't really understand what happend because I didn't feel like going along with their roleplay lol. I made some wheels in the small camp in jungle south of city, sadly as I was around 30 yrs old mosquitoes bit me and because of my clothing I died.. standing on ice didn't save me from it. Right as I got over the fever I literally starved when pulling my pie out of backpack sad
me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … d=3358015&

Anyway long live anal town! I made two planes in it and in total I think the town had like six diesel engines made? I did just two of them. I made one of the lightbulbs for the radio transmitter too! Thanks to whoever finished my work and made the daniell cells!!!

Ohhh I know where you guys are talking about now. I was there at the beginning, when it was Angelica town. I was born to a mom trying to make an apocalypse tower in the north east corner. I offered cactus fruit to the center altar to appease the gods.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#8 2019-02-13 02:23:54

narla_hotep

oh god no the apocalypse is happening. I BET IT WAS ANAL TOWN

Last edited by narla_hotep (2019-02-13 02:24:14)

#9 2019-02-13 02:25:27

sinfulcliche

narla_hotep wrote:

oh god no the apocalypse is happening. I BET IT WAS ANAL TOWN

Oh damn right now? I didnt see any apocalypse towers in the village. If it did happen RIP Anal Town (and Luna line) lol

#10 2019-02-13 02:26:39

narla_hotep

ugh yes, it just happened. I had just spawned as an eve and had a baby and everything went white and I starved to death. I somehow have been here for both apocalypses even though I don't play that much haha, just lucky I guess.

#11 2019-02-13 02:28:57

sinfulcliche

narla_hotep wrote:

ugh yes, it just happened. I had just spawned as an eve and had a baby and everything went white and I starved to death. I somehow have been here for both apocalypses even though I don't play that much haha, just lucky I guess.

Damn!! I'm really mad I didn't get screenshots now. Anal town, lost to time...

#12 2019-02-13 02:32:20

The_Anabaptist

As having been the person to build the first cow pen and capture the first cow for this town a few days ago, I was pleasantly excited to find myself reborn in it just 23 minutes ago and my pen, or a faithful recreation of it was still there.

And then the apocalypse happened, the screen went white, and never went un-white.  My final 6 to 8 pips counted down, If I still had a backpack, I couldn't fetch anything from it to eat and I died.  "Woo!  Talk about great fun there Jason!" /s

I seriously thought about posting a review after that.  Might still do that...

The_Anabaptist

#13 2019-02-13 02:32:29

narla_hotep

We really need to start taking screenshots of this game more often. If anyone has any screenshots of Anal Town or any other lost city (such as Fresh Town) post them here.

And yes, I totally agree... for me, part of the fun of this game is seeing the same place in multiple lives, and seeing my family's legacy live on... Wiping the map completely destroys that and gives people a sense of futility in building new towns.

Last edited by narla_hotep (2019-02-13 02:34:23)

#14 2019-02-13 02:44:33

sinfulcliche

narla_hotep wrote:

We really need to start taking screenshots of this game more often. If anyone has any screenshots of Anal Town or any other lost city (such as Fresh Town) post them here.

And yes, I totally agree... for me, part of the fun of this game is seeing the same place in multiple lives, and seeing my family's legacy live on... Wiping the map completely destroys that and gives people a sense of futility in building new towns.

Totally agree though. But unfortunately I don't think any any amount of bad reviews will change Jason's mind on this. Seems like its in his vision for the game.
One last detail I forgot to add, a man ran into the village with a decayed backpack, saying he came from 3k away. I said I did too, and he said that I showed up as his cousin many times removed! But when I moused over him it simply said no relation. He had a different last name as well.
With everyone on bigserver it's definitely getting a lot more interesting with family trees. I hope this is something we see more of in the future!

#15 2019-02-13 03:16:43

Tea

Speed Family died out because of the Apocalypse as well. It was such a nice town ... but then we heard the music and everything went white. In the end, only me and another female survived it. But no daughter of her managed to survive.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#16 2019-02-13 03:26:27

Oblong

I was actually the guy who made the Fresh Town sign:
FreshlyMade
and the girl who changed Town of Anal to Town of Ganala:
fixedtoGanala

As soon as I changed the anal sign, the apocalypse happened.

Last edited by Oblong (2019-02-13 03:30:53)

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#17 2019-02-13 03:42:56

InSpace

I guess it was my Town-of--Bob sign originally haha

#18 2019-02-13 04:17:24

narla_hotep

Oh that makes so much sense! If Anal Town is really Town of Bob, that would explain how my note from two or three days ago got there, and why the place looked vaguely familiar... Crazy coincidences lol.

#19 2019-02-13 07:14:49

hmrka

narla_hotep wrote:

Oh that makes so much sense! If Anal Town is really Town of Bob, that would explain how my note from two or three days ago got there, and why the place looked vaguely familiar... Crazy coincidences lol.

No way, town of bob was like all desert and it got lost along with the other big cities near it.

Oblong wrote:

I was actually the guy who made the Fresh Town sign:
https://i.imgur.com/mIqJoNF.jpg
and the girl who changed Town of Anal to Town of Ganala:
https://i.imgur.com/xAInrbn.jpg

As soon as I changed the anal sign, the apocalypse happened.

You fool! You dared to touch the sacred town of anal sign I made, it's your fault the apocalypse happend..

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#20 2019-02-13 13:28:27

stew

sinfulcliche wrote:

Totally agree though. But unfortunately I don't think any any amount of bad reviews will change Jason's mind on this. Seems like its in his vision for the game.
One last detail I forgot to add, a man ran into the village with a decayed backpack, saying he came from 3k away. I said I did too, and he said that I showed up as his cousin many times removed! But when I moused over him it simply said no relation. He had a different last name as well.
With everyone on bigserver it's definitely getting a lot more interesting with family trees. I hope this is something we see more of in the future!

Lol... that man was me. (I am bit bored at work so I checked the forums and saw your post relating to me haha)

RIP Anal Town, The Apocalypse is captured on a video btw.. A streamer was born as quadruples and was instantly killed to use his blood in the apocalypse tower.

What I wanted to say:
1. More towns should have names
2. better names
3. It would be so cool if we could render the whole server to a big image (maybe a google maps of the server.. would be really nice)

#21 2019-02-13 14:38:30

Grim_Arbiter

stew wrote:

Lol... that man was me. (I am bit bored at work so I checked the forums and saw your post relating to me haha)

RIP Anal Town, The Apocalypse is captured on a video btw.. A streamer was born as quadruples and was instantly killed to use his blood in the apocalypse tower.

What I wanted to say:
1. More towns should have names
2. better names
3. It would be so cool if we could render the whole server to a big image (maybe a google maps of the server.. would be really nice)

Man those dirty quads..

1 and 2. Signs are usually made by vets and often hijacked to say something else (as you saw lol) you basically have to almost devote your whole 60 min life to building the sign, lettering, and locking if you want a permanent name.

3. With the original main hub two apocalypses ago somebody mapped the whole main hub through screenshots on reddit. I was going to take that and remap it with the connecting towns as well. It can be done, just almost needs a starting point or something we can all reference.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#22 2019-02-13 17:45:14

Anandamide

sinfulcliche wrote:
narla_hotep wrote:

What exactly do you all want? The apocalypse doesn't happen until after the tech tree has been explored. What are you getting from keeping said civ alive for days after there is nothing new to do? Its easy to stop the apocalypse anyways. I dont know about you all, but Ive been playing since almost the beginning and this is starting to become exactly the game I was hoping for back then. So much has changed and so much will continue to. The last apocalypse was stupid because tech tree was too short and wide(relatively speaking) whereas now the tech tree is very twiggy, but is in a great place to expand in all directions. The apocalypse is renewal, and the further the game progresses, the more sense it makes to include it. This game is horribly boring when you reach a steady state.

#23 2019-02-13 18:47:26

CatX

What if the apocalypse didn't wipe the server, but it moved everyone so far away from civilization that it would take weeks to return?

It might be fun to play a generation of explorers who stumbled upon ancient abandoned cities.

#24 2019-02-13 18:54:52

sinfulcliche

Anandamide wrote:

What exactly do you all want? The apocalypse doesn't happen until after the tech tree has been explored. What are you getting from keeping said civ alive for days after there is nothing new to do? Its easy to stop the apocalypse anyways. I dont know about you all but Ive been playing since almost the beginning and this is starting to become exactly the game I was hoping for back then. So much has changed and so much will continue to. The last apocalypse was stupid because tech tree was too short and wide(relatively speaking) whereas now the tech tree is very twiggy, but is in a great place to expand in all directions. The apocalypse is renewal, and the further the game progresses, the more sense it makes to include it. This game is horribly boring when you reach a steady state.

Personally, I just don't like knowing all the towns I contributed to and my family line getting wiped out because a lot of dudes stabbed some other dudes and managed to not get stabbed themselves for like a whole day irl. But I get why some people are for it, and I'm not reeing for it to be changed.
Ever since the loss of Anal town I've made a challenge for myself to name as many towns as possible. Welcome "I" town!
NahIo0K.jpg
I wanted to name it Iron, since what I think was a pair of twins went crazy with horse carts and brought home dozens of piles of iron. I was too old and I only managed to get the I. There was a ton of murder (and I got stabbed myself) so not sure how long the line is gonna last...

#25 2019-02-13 19:08:52

narla_hotep

@Anandamide: You’re playing the game one way, but some play it another way. For me, it’s less about climbing the tech tree than preserving the memories of a place -things you’ve done there, relationships you’ve formed with other players, however temporary. Plus the excitement of coming across a ruined city from the ancient days of last week, and repopulating it with your own family. I’ve noticed players seem to divide into the techies and the roleplayers, and I’m a bit more on the RP side. If you want to reach the top of the tech tree from scratch, leave the city and go to the plenty of unclaimed wilderness the big server had until right up until the apocalypse.

Board footer