One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-28 22:37:14

Tranquill

How to?

Hey guys, I had a few questions since I started playing and given how there's not much documentation or guides, I thought I'd ask here...

How do you start a fire? What's the easiest beginner approach to that?

What's a good method of securing food early on? How do I plant stuff? How do I make a "wet clay bowl" not wet?

I'll probably end up asking more questions in this thread.

#2 2018-02-28 22:47:55

Uncle Gus

Re: How to?

Check out: https://onehouronelife.gamepedia.com/Recipes

It's a bit cryptic but if you search for fire, you can sort of backtrack through required ingredients.

Summary: make a fire bow drill, use it on a shaft, have a leaf and some tinder handy, and some firewood, and kindling. Use the leaf on the ember shaft, then on the tinder, then on the kindling, then firewood.

#3 2018-02-28 23:00:43

Tranquill

Well, I figured out that you need an oven to dry out a wet clay bowl.

I can't find out how to till ground so I can plant stuff though!

#4 2018-03-01 02:04:20

yvanhooe

Tranquill wrote:

A kiln, I don't think an oven works but I can be wrong. (Add one ball of adobe to an oven to make it a kiln)

You need to find fertile soil (happens on green ground), take some into a basket and spread it where you want to plant.

Last edited by yvanhooe (2018-03-01 07:56:43)

#5 2018-03-01 02:51:57

Tranquill

yvanhooe wrote:
Tranquill wrote:

A kiln, I don't think an oven works but I can be wrong. (Add one ball of adobe to an over to make it a kiln)

You need to find fertile soil (happens on green ground), take some into a basket and spread it where you want to plant.

Thank you!

I figured that much out while playing more, now I just need to know how to make stakes and get a renewable food source up, the game is harsh!

#6 2018-03-01 08:02:29

yvanhooe

Stakes are made by taking one of those big straight branches from a leaved tree and using a pointy stone on it several time. First you'll get a shaft, then a small stick, and then, stakes.

Stakes are used with a rope to make snares, to catch rabbits. A source of meat and skin, that allows to make clothes.

The best renewable food IMO is the carrot field. Gather wild carrot seeds, plant them on a tilled ground, water them (using either rabbit skin bags or clay bowls) and be sure to let some carrots overgrow so that they produce new seeds. That way you can get a steady renewable food source. I estimate that 5 fields (4 for carrots, one for carrot seeds) will feed about 2 people.

A threshold in food efficiency is then crossed once you start making pies, approximately multiplying the energy you get from food by four.

Also clothing is very important: people who are cold need food more frequently. If you are a baby and there is a fire running, stay close to it, you'll need food less often.

Board footer