One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-08 16:16:34

Starknight_One

Something looms large in my mind...

Yes, it's a topic about looms... or more specifically, cloth.

We now have the ability to produce bolts of cloth. This should allow us to make certain clothing items that already exist - such as aprons - with greater facility.

My suggestion: use a charcoal pencil on a bolt of wool cloth to make an apron pattern. Patterns would work like smithing; multiple hits of the pencil would change to the next pattern. (A gum eraser made from cured latex - not vulcanized rubber - would be useful for correcting mistakes. It could also erase papers that were written on stupidly...)

Applying shears to the apron pattern produces a pile of apron blanks; sewing the apron blanks with a needle and ball of thread will produce 4 aprons. Other recipes might make greater or lesser numbers of items.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, concerns?

#2 2019-02-09 03:09:05

GreatShawn

Re: Something looms large in my mind...

Maybe you can split a bolt of cloth into different pieces of cloths and make different clothing out of each piece. That should counterweight the cost to make one bolt of clothes.

#3 2019-02-09 06:19:52

NoTruePunk

GreatShawn wrote:

Maybe you can split a bolt of cloth into different pieces of cloths and make different clothing out of each piece. That should counterweight the cost to make one bolt of clothes.

Splitting and combining in different ratios would be ideal. It makes the utility of the garment proportionate to the material cost. It also sorta makes sense logistically.

#4 2019-02-09 09:22:03

elemental_slim

Someone else mentioned ponchos.

Id like to make different rugs by means of dyed cloth bolts. Then using shears to get fabric strips and by adding them in certain orders would produce different colored patterns.

Although, I don'k know which previously mentioned idea would be best. Stenciling or cutting it like rabbit fur for different sizes.
But I'm inclined to agree with the latter.

#5 2019-02-09 17:26:19

Anandamide

Maybe the different colored rugs could have different temp properties depending on how the temp overhaul ends up working smile?

#6 2019-02-09 17:30:21

karltown_veteran

Starknight_One wrote:

Yes, it's a topic about looms... or more specifically, cloth.

We now have the ability to produce bolts of cloth. This should allow us to make certain clothing items that already exist - such as aprons - with greater facility.

My suggestion: use a charcoal pencil on a bolt of wool cloth to make an apron pattern. Patterns would work like smithing; multiple hits of the pencil would change to the next pattern. (A gum eraser made from cured latex - not vulcanized rubber - would be useful for correcting mistakes. It could also erase papers that were written on stupidly...)

Applying shears to the apron pattern produces a pile of apron blanks; sewing the apron blanks with a needle and ball of thread will produce 4 aprons. Other recipes might make greater or lesser numbers of items.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, concerns?

I think that's a great idea smile

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Board footer