One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 04:40:16

apereason

Feed your babies!

I don't know how many times my family line has died out because parents wouldn't feed their babies because "they were too busy" If you want to be the one building and traveling, suicide and come back as a boy! it's not that hard! And if your babies are always suiciding anyway, it's probably because you never name them.

Last edited by apereason (2019-02-02 04:48:12)

#2 2019-02-02 07:44:49

DestinyCall

Re: Feed your babies!

I only name the ones that don't suicide.   Patience is rewarded with names.

#3 2019-02-02 07:56:27

fragilityh14

seriously what is with the name obsession?

it's really not a big deal.

I do name all of my kids, though sometimes it takes a sec cause I'm actually doing things

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#4 2019-02-02 14:27:42

WomanWizard

fragilityh14 wrote:

I do name all of my kids, though sometimes it takes a sec cause I'm actually doing things

Right? Sorry kiddo, but if I just lit up the forge and you popped out of me, you're gonna have to wait a bit for that name. It doesn't mean I'm not going to take care of you.

On a side not, stop hand feeding babies who aren't abandoned. At first I though all town were filled with berry griefers, but I'm coming to the realization that there are a lot of well meaning newbies hand feeding babies who are doing just find on their mother's breast milk. If I run from you while you're trying to shove a berry in my mouth, it means I'm not hungry.

#5 2019-02-03 01:35:43

betame

fragilityh14 wrote:

Because curses can't be given to unnamed people, they are a risk to the town and should usually be killed. People prefer to be named because they don't want to live a life where they could be killed at any moment.

It's fine as long as they're named before they hair at 4. If my mom hasn't named me by then, I remind her to.

Last edited by betame (2019-02-03 06:56:44)

Morality is the interpretation of what is best for the well-being of humankind.
List of Guides | Resources per Food | Yum? | Temperature | Crafting Info: https://onetech.info

#6 2019-02-03 06:21:51

DestinyCall

It doesn't matter.  If you do not have a name as an adult, ANYONE can name you.   Just say "You are NAME" near an unnamed person to give them a name.   You do not need to kill them.  After being named, you can curse them, just like if they were named by their mother.

#7 2019-02-03 21:27:13

WalrusesConquer

Only works before the age limit

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#8 2019-02-03 21:32:59

Solbusaur

WalrusesConquer wrote:

Only works before the age limit

Once above the age limit, anyone can name you. They just say "You're X" and the closest unnamed person beyond the limit will get name X

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#9 2019-02-03 21:52:06

fragilityh14

Yeah, but why is it the people NOT getting named who are upset about it. Like if I'm nameless, that only would protect me from being cursed.

I never grief, and have never been cursed, and always name babies, but I don't understand this thing where players will only stay with parents who name them or start asking for a name right away.

Listen to your mom!

#10 2019-02-03 22:39:31

Solbusaur

fragilityh14 wrote:

Yeah, but why is it the people NOT getting named who are upset about it. Like if I'm nameless, that only would protect me from being cursed

Because they can't be referred to by name, nor pass on their mother's surname further down the line.
The least significant reason is it's much harder to find someone by name in family trees when they're unnamed/have no surname, they get added to the heap of people with identical names.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#11 2019-02-04 02:35:39

Turnipseed

Some people quit because the last name is dead

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#12 2019-02-04 07:36:39

WalrusesConquer

The last name is the way to make your lineage matter. Also why do Eve's keep naming babies before naming themselves?

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#13 2019-02-04 22:02:35

fragilityh14

but who else needs to be looking at it, and you know your own email address...so, so if you wanted to share you can use the link.

i still fundamentally don't see the issue with any of this.

Listen to your mom!

#14 2019-02-05 06:52:13

WalrusesConquer

fragilityh14 wrote:

but who else needs to be looking at it, and you know your own email address...so, so if you wanted to share you can use the link.

Don't let your kids go nameless. Simple as that. The surname carries a linage and its own story with it. A first name is meaningless.

Recent favorite lives:

#15 2019-02-05 07:11:20

Tarr
Banned

fragilityh14 wrote:

Some people really care about their surname. It's shitty to just ruin an Eves surname because you as a player can't be asked to just name your kid A or something. It shows that at the very least you care enough about another player to give them a name in the first place. I know of a few Eves who get upset whenever they get players who disregard passing on their surnames. Personally, I'll play without a name because I care more about giving whatever village I select to play in the best chance of survival as possible. Even if you aren't going to care for your kids just pick a letter, it makes them feel like a part of the city community even if they're Pooja or Nigel instead of being some random ass no name.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer