One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-29 10:57:22

Grim_Arbiter

So you all think that trading between towns is far off but..

I was just tasked by another town through paper note and runner to connect the town roads between us. The town is 1.6 west of the center hub town and slowly we will connect them. I put in 50 to 75 tiles of road in that life, and while i wanted to do more i also wanted to venture to the center hub and snag pics for your reference. I traveled back to our village and left another note on the end of the road saying to connect them.

Hey its a start.

20190129020148-1.jpg

Our town and the note given to us

20190129020837-1.jpg

Center hub town. You should all recognize it by those mango trees and sign. Eighteen apocalypse bases in the north.

I wish I could have gotten more pics but I wanted to make it back to my town and the center hub town turned into non grouped non related angry male greifers when I arrived.

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-01-29 12:20:01)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#2 2019-01-30 11:21:03

Grim_Arbiter

Re: So you all think that trading between towns is far off but..

I made it back tonight. Was born windy pizza and brought the pizza line to this town.

20190130022200-1.jpg

In case you wondered what the note i left said

20190130025955-1.jpg

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-01-30 12:19:09

Booklat1

Trade isn't unviable because cities are hard to connect, it's not viable because there's no need to trade nor a developed enough economy to allow for it.

#4 2019-01-30 12:24:24

Grim_Arbiter

Booklat1 wrote:

Trade isn't unviable because cities are hard to connect, it's not viable because there's no need to trade nor a developed enough economy to allow for it.

Connecting is just a step that we will eventually have to complete, so why not try and start now? Sure you have the town above main hub, but if it's not at least 1k away it doesn't count as connecting another town IMO.

--Grim

#5 2019-01-30 13:15:42

Booklat1

Grim_Arbiter wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

Connecting is just a step that we will eventually have to complete, so why not try and start now? Sure you have the town above main hub, but if it's not at least 1k away it doesn't count as connecting another town IMO.

Connecting towns actually has benefits other than trade and should be done indeed, but it's not instantly an enabler to trade is all i'm saying. Before we talk about trade we must talk about the realism of the economy (or at the very least the depth of it)

#6 2019-01-30 14:34:01

Grim_Arbiter

Booklat1 wrote:

Connecting towns actually has benefits other than trade and should be done indeed, but it's not instantly an enabler to trade is all i'm saying. Before we talk about trade we must talk about the realism of the economy (or at the very least the depth of it)

Agreed that its not an enabler, but I feel like right now the true economy ARE players, and being able to trade players just by following roads can be a solid start to when it happens.

Just my way of looking at it.

The other highlight of that life other than finding the town was teaching my newish son every step for baking, which ties into the player economy aspect of it all.

--Grim

#7 2019-01-30 21:44:35

fragilityh14

how do you get that family info in the upper right?

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#8 2019-01-30 21:57:05

Kinrany

Connecting the towns might help in case one of the towns runs out of food or something.

Trade in the usual sense is impossible without ownership.

#9 2019-01-31 00:10:55

Sasooli

fragilityh14 wrote:

how do you get that family info in the upper right?

That's Awbz's mod (which also allows zoom). Here's the page:

https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife

#10 2019-02-03 09:12:46

Grim_Arbiter

Just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to this road!

While its not all connected, you can still follow it as a constant trail towards main hub.. and that's amazing to me.

20190203002719-1.jpg

--Grim

Board footer