One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-25 08:06:30

Crumpaloo

Instead of a Apocalypse, Have a Weekly Wipe Like Rust

The title is very noice

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#2 2019-01-25 09:41:43

Dodge

Re: Instead of a Apocalypse, Have a Weekly Wipe Like Rust

No smile

Where's the fun in that?

Now we have teams competing each others for the apocalypse and if the all on one server works for next update it's going to be even better big_smile

Last edited by Dodge (2019-01-25 09:42:24)

#3 2019-01-25 18:22:21

lionon

Or have culling actually remove all items... currently it seems a lot are left over.

#4 2019-01-25 18:24:50

Tarr
Banned

lionon wrote:

Or have culling actually remove all items... currently it seems a lot are left over.

It certainly leads to some interesting Eve starts when you get half culled camps/villages though.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2019-01-25 19:42:57

Matbat

lionon wrote:

These are the most mysterious and intriguing starts you can ever have, once I found a mid-level half wiped civ with a few tools, a well, and a small berry farm and I because I didn't know this could happen I spent nearly the rest of my life looking for the rest of the civ or other signs of life, leaving my daughters to eat berries until they died because they didn't know how to tend them hmm

It was the most awe inspiring thing, I hope it doesn't get patched out.
Rather, I hope it gets enhanced and 'better' ruins start popping up.

As for the post. the game had this early on before the apocalypse, around the riches to rags era, although it was kinda ok it definitely discouraged people from building anything big like we see today. people will actively seek out disrupting apocalypses so their builds, their parents, and their grandparents work doesn't have to be wiped. Even if that means some towns will rot away in the festering end game.

There was an idea before that the apocalypse would be a localized wipe, that might encourage people to not stop apocalypses.

#6 2019-01-25 19:55:51

ryanb
Website

I would like to see the apocalypse have a chance to persist items, but degrade them. This way instead of a blank slate you end up with interesting ruins. Some of those stone walls could be crumbled, the bell tower might be half gone, some steel tools lose their handle, etc.

You can rebuild, but it becomes an interesting puzzle to use the resources that survived.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#7 2019-01-25 20:07:10

Tarr
Banned

ryanb wrote:

I would like to see the apocalypse have a chance to persist items, but degrade them. This way instead of a blank slate you end up with interesting ruins. Some of those stone walls could be crumbled, the bell tower might be half gone, some steel tools lose their handle, etc.

You can rebuild, but it becomes an interesting puzzle to use the resources that survived.

That's certainly a lot more interesting. The idea that instead of your village of 20 people all having to suicide since one area cannot support that many players all the players work together to scavenge what they have and attempt to rebuild using what scraps were left from the blast.

Though I feel like an apocalypse blast just leads to a massive suicide followed by a few people staying behind to rebuild which is fine either way.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2019-01-25 22:51:03

CrazyEddie

ryanb wrote:

I like this a lot.

#9 2019-01-25 23:01:43

ryanb
Website

The apocalypse degrading objects has some interesting side effects:

1. A town would degrade on each apocalypse, so the more times the apocalypse hits a village, the more it gets degraded
2. The numbers can be tweaked by Jason to make the apocalypse more/less severe. I would like to see an easier apocalypse that is less severe.
3. More advanced (stronger) objects can have an increased chance to resist the apocalypse, which gives motivation to climb the tech tree. Imagine building a bomb shelter chest which is expensive but can hold a few key items to help rebuild after an apocalypse.

Last edited by ryanb (2019-01-25 23:09:36)

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

Board footer