One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-20 01:03:02

elemental_slim

Ideas I Have Had That I Want Your Opinion On

I am fairly new to this game; although, I have fallen in loooove with this game.

A few weeks ago I came across a YouTube video that had graphics that made me think of this game. (Mind you all, I was introduced to OHOL via a YouTuber's, HoneyBunnyGames, recorded gaming session with voice over.)

Anyways, the video made me hope that there was a way to store the excessive amount of Threshed Wheat instead of leaving it laying about. Alas, I was not satisfied when i found there was not.
Then it made me think that perhaps rodents should be introduced to the game to keep the supply in check with the demand for the wheat laying about. As in, kinda like how having X amount of raw meats can attract bears?

Then came the cats idea. The cats would be feral just like in MineCraft,until given an uncooked or cooked fish to become semi-tamed. Dangling another fish in their face to lead them from the jungle biome to the town so to take care of the rodents.

I know there are dogs in the game, so maybe a leash and stake aspect could be adapted for the dogs?

So, all in all, I have several ideas that would be awesome to see implemented.

-Storage for Threshed Wheat (Clay Crock with Plate?)
-Introduce Rodents (with sickness effect, similar to Mosquitos?)
-Introduce Cats (perhaps found in Jungle Biome)
-Leads for Dogs?

Here is the YouTube video that gave me these ideas...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsj-hDW9bS8

Thoughts?

#2 2019-01-25 11:42:50

MathSRIsh

Re: Ideas I Have Had That I Want Your Opinion On

I wholeheartedly support the grain storage part, storage is such an important part of agriculture!

At least I would like to see a decay of Threshed Wheat, it is so annoying that they just accumulate in any sustainable civ, we can't even trash it... The compost cycle generates so much already ; add a few basket and clothes and you've got wheat everywhere. Pies don't nearly use it fast enough, and bread is way less convenient (having bags of bread would also be super convenient).
Also, we could feed goose with it instead of corn?

Kind of related, it could be nice if mutton would decay unless cooked fast or stored properly (salted or in snow/fridge).

#3 2019-01-25 14:39:33

Starknight_One

Make more bowls. Store wheat in bowls. They can be quickly converted into pies or bread, or kept in case someone cuts all the wheat fields (since we can now get seed from them).

I'd like to see a recipe for a pottery urn (wet clay bowl + clay) which stores 4 threshed wheat, personally. But then, I want to see more pottery recipes in general. smile

#4 2019-01-25 16:43:12

CrazyEddie

Starknight_One wrote:

Make more bowls.

God, yes, please!

Store wheat in bowls.

Oh god, no, please don't.

More bowls is good. Storing wheat in them is a terrible use. It takes up just as much space as the pile of grain, but now it also consumes a bowl that would be much better used for pretty much anything else.

Also, bakers - stop grinding up multiple bowls of flour at once. Leave the wheat on the ground until you have enough plates to make more pies, then in one step get a bowl of wheat, grind to flour, turn to dough, and put on the plates. At most have a single bowl of flour ready to go while you're still waiting for empty plates to come back. Otherwise you're just taking up precious bowls for no good reason.

#5 2019-01-25 17:13:07

apereason

you can use a branch on a wheat bowl to get the wheat out. thought i'd point it out.
https://onetech.info/245-Bowl-of-Wheat

Last edited by apereason (2019-01-25 17:13:34)

#6 2019-01-26 00:02:22

Solbusaur

Yeees, we need silos.
Also I agree with MathSRIsh on geese eating threshed wheat rather than corn

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#7 2019-01-26 06:44:54

Falsewall

apereason wrote:

you can use a branch on a wheat bowl to get the wheat out. thought i'd point it out.
https://onetech.info/245-Bowl-of-Wheat

Mvp

Board footer