One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-23 23:00:14

Gederian

Apocalypse on Server One

Jason has requested an apocalypse specifically on server one. He has not promised to meet our content demands but there is hope:

Convo from discord 1/23 around 2:54 PM:

G - Oh, you want apocalypse on server one I hear?
J - Yes, I want it!
G - I think we can arange that
J - Well, at least nosaj want's it
G - for a bunch of great content smile
J - my pen has dried up.... I need blood, blood I tell you
G - irrigation, food, more iron, clothes, well take whatever

How are we going to do this?

#2 2019-01-23 23:31:52

Greep

Re: Apocalypse on Server One

It sounds pretty easy if you make a discord-backed private town and focus on yum/temperature/suicide before 30 if more than one mother, and other little tricks.  Probably best day to do it would be on a monday night:  Towns would get wiped by the weekly server spiral anyways, so you could probably convince more people to join in since it's essentially harmless.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#3 2019-01-23 23:40:15

Gederian

Someone just did it on server one. I followed the home marker (and other eves) and we rebuilt the town.

The town was dead so someone used it as a last chance bell. Smart.

From now on, if you are last guys just build an endtower and a bunch of people will come!

Edit: By it I mean step one...

Last edited by Gederian (2019-01-23 23:40:39)

#4 2019-01-23 23:45:47

Monolith_Rans

sicko

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#5 2019-01-23 23:47:38

Monolith_Rans

Is this how god feels when he looks down and sees the pacific garbage patch?  Live with it!

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#6 2019-01-23 23:48:04

Greep

Eh, step one happens like all the time, though.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#7 2019-01-23 23:53:42

Gederian

I built another end stone there (it was my baby boy).

I spread them apart due east and west of the sheep pen about 200 tiles.

They are behind rubber trees, hard to see.

Going to make more.

#8 2019-01-24 11:45:31

Dodge

Gederian wrote:

Someone just did it on server one. I followed the home marker (and other eves) and we rebuilt the town.

The town was dead so someone used it as a last chance bell. Smart.

From now on, if you are last guys just build an endtower and a bunch of people will come!

Edit: By it I mean step one...

Smart, so you can even make more than one endtower at different times to use them as bell then dismount it and add them to main endtower when layers are ready

#9 2019-01-24 13:38:43

karltown_veteran

Guys, let's all join forces to do the apocalypse... mama needs new content big_smile

Also, woah... didn't know Jason could be all dark like that

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#10 2019-01-24 18:05:02

Gederian

I was thinking about how to best do this and I have a plan!

Make multiple towers in the same town and start them within a minute or two of each other.

This way, everyone is pointed to the last bell to ring and don't know about the others!

If you do this five times and always ensure the real end tower has another tower chime right after it nobody will ever come to dismantle the real one!

#11 2019-01-24 18:19:23

Dodge

Gederian wrote:

I was thinking about how to best do this and I have a plan!

Make multiple towers in the same town and start them within a minute or two of each other.

This way, everyone is pointed to the last bell to ring and don't know about the others!

If you do this five times and always ensure the real end tower has another tower chime right after it nobody will ever come to dismantle the real one!

Yes, and you can hide the real one behind a bear cave or maybe a group of trees maples ideally

Also i know how to make it unaccessible to people who want to dismount it but still accessible for you to put the other blocks

So if you combine this with the hidden trick and multiple structures we can make it smile

#12 2019-01-24 18:22:56

Gederian

Here is how we can do this with little coordination:

1. Pick a town we can all identify.
2. Start five or six stones in different spots.
3. We can all leave for about 5 hours and come back later.
4. Our towers will chime and we all go running back.
5. Repeat.

If we have 4 or 5 people who know the plan we should be able to do it independently without much chatter.

#13 2019-01-24 18:25:50

Gederian

Dodge wrote:

Yes, and you can hide the real one behind a bear cave or maybe a group of trees

I tried every tree and the rubber one is the best. Once you add the end stone you can't see it.

Dodge wrote:

Also i know how to make it unaccessible to people who want to dismount it but still accessible for you to put the other blocks

Please share, we can just build them in the center of the town (unless the block can be undone with tools). Can you also add the knife at the end?

#14 2019-01-24 18:25:55

Tarr
Banned

Gederian wrote:

Here is how we can do this with little coordination:

1. Pick a town we can all identify.
2. Start five or six stones in different spots.
3. We can all leave for about 5 hours and come back later.
4. Our towers will chime and we all go running back.
5. Repeat.

If we have 4 or 5 people who know the plan we should be able to do it independently without much chatter.

Server one already has five dummy apocalypses scattered between two different villages. Neither can be interacted with so they should occasionally chime to disrupt the location of the original apocalypse. However, I'm not certain how often the baby apocalypses chime and more importantly if a tier 1 will replace the location chime of a higher tier apocalypse.

fug it’s Tarr.

#15 2019-01-24 18:29:46

Dodge

Gederian wrote:
Dodge wrote:

Yes, and you can hide the real one behind a bear cave or maybe a group of trees

I tried every tree and the rubber one is the best. Once you add the end stone you can't see it.

Dodge wrote:

Please share, we can just build them in the center of the town (unless the block can be undone with tools). Can you also add the knife at the end?

Not on forums, some people are not apocalypse friendly tongue but tarr, pein and me knows about it so you can dm me on discord or ask tarr or pein

#16 2019-01-24 18:36:06

Gederian

Tarr wrote:

Server one already has five dummy apocalypses scattered between two different villages. Neither can be interacted with so they should occasionally chime to disrupt the location of the original apocalypse. However, I'm not certain how often the baby apocalypses chime and more importantly if a tier 1 will replace the location chime of a higher tier apocalypse.

I think the chime is in the transition so unless you add or remove it won't chime. The transition after 6 hours is "monumentCall": https://onetech.info/2477-Endtower-Base

That's why multiple accessible towers are needed so you can easily reset the decoys.

One question: Will a new monument call override an existing monument call marker? Depending on how this works we will either need to set the dummies first or the real one first.

#17 2019-01-24 18:45:49

Tarr
Banned

Gederian wrote:
Tarr wrote:

I think the chime is in the transition so unless you add or remove it won't chime. The transition after 6 hours is "monumentCall": https://onetech.info/2477-Endtower-Base

That's why multiple accessible towers are needed so you can easily reset the decoys.

One question: Will a new monument call override an existing monument call marker? Depending on how this works we will either need to set the dummies first or the real one first.

Mines been dinging constantly or well dinging every time I respawn in the griefed bunker village. At the very worst I can always just make some touchable towers for people to play with or trigger to try to distract around the place.

fug it’s Tarr.

#18 2019-01-24 19:36:52

Gederian

Tarr wrote:

Mines been dinging constantly or well dinging every time I respawn in the griefed bunker village.

Interesting. I wonder if there is some ongoing call or if the call dynamic is not in the transition.

Board footer