One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-01-22 00:09:33

Daffex

Re: Are these things still a thing anymore?

austin_beale wrote:

does any one say "Q" any more? It doesn't seem to help me like it used to

I don't understand what that means.

F = food as always

N, Na, N A M E, = name me (I feel like we need to get a code set within game for that! Q would work i guess?)

I prefer to call my children after final fantasy characters.
- Love making sauerkraut! - Hate letting kids die.

I miss surnames. Remember surnames?

#27 2019-01-22 03:07:17

karltown_veteran

Daffex wrote:
austin_beale wrote:

I don't understand what that means.

F = food as always

N, Na, N A M E, = name me (I feel like we need to get a code set within game for that! Q would work i guess?)

"Q" means you use the forum.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#28 2019-01-22 03:20:48

BlueDiamondAvatar

karltown_veteran wrote:

"Q" means you use the forum.

OOOOOOOooooo. 

I was just thinking we needed something like this.   Let's start using that again!

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#29 2019-01-22 03:24:31

CrazyEddie

austin_beale wrote:

If you say "Q" to me I will let you starve.

I don't like elitists.

#30 2019-01-22 03:54:07

Grim_Arbiter

CrazyEddie wrote:
austin_beale wrote:

I don't like elitists.

What if I do the eyebrow dance as a baby? I'm not trying to show I'm some elitist, it's just funny as hell and a good way to pass the time as a toddler.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#31 2019-01-22 04:10:34

CrazyEddie

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

What if I do the eyebrow dance as a baby? I'm not trying to show I'm some elitist, it's just funny as hell and a good way to pass the time as a toddler.

That's what I'd always assumed. Until at some point I saw (maybe on discord, maybe the forum) a reference to using it as a "hey, I'm special!" signal. That really pissed me off. But no, I won't abandon someone who does that, because I'll continue to assume they're just being funny.

Q is pretty unambiguous, though, and will earn someone a one-way ticket to a snowbank from me.

#32 2019-01-22 04:18:56

BlueDiamondAvatar

CrazyEddie wrote:
austin_beale wrote:

I don't like elitists.

Seriously???  That seems really petty to me.

I tend to starve babies that do the eyebrow dance, cause in my experience they are griefers. Or at least, I ask them just as many suspicious questions as I ask a pair of twins.

I'd like it if someone said Q, because that way I'd have a better sense that this is someone I can talk to about a complex job, the overall state of our compost and water system, etc. If you talk to most players about how the village needs iron, they'll try to go get it right away, and starve themselves by accident.  But if you don't tell them about it when they are babies, you rarely get a chance to let them know later.

I've considered asking "Are you an expert?" right after asking about being new, but I'm pretty sure I can't trust most players answer about that, given how many newbies lie about being new.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#33 2019-01-23 03:49:50

fragilityh14

Aurora, i've been gone since July and am just now back, i remember you for sure.

I don't know if "in the bush" was widely said by anyone but me LOL

as always, i struggle to live in a society and am always trying to start my new camps.

The water and soil balance is way different now, that's the main thing you need to know. Element of randomness to water depleting and soil pits can be redug. Neither seem to be shortage, limit on things appears to be iron now, for the tilling.

re: Q

The people who said that did always seem to suck. just behave and say TY and whatnot if you're a baby and they'll know you know how to play.

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-01-23 03:51:44)

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer