One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-21 23:06:13

Solbusaur

Hoe Family Showdown

This is a long story and has a lot to it, but it was the most thrilling yet terrifying moment I've had, I'm still a little hyped up actually.

Was quad with a group of friends from Discord, born into server 1, we were planning to just fuck about and have fun, in a helpful way. There was a bear terrorising the village for ages, and we tried to gather arrows to take it out. Took us AGES to just lure it away, which was the easy option. My brother, Saabir hoe, wanted the knife to settle a grudge with some woman, Jessabella Hoe, who deliberately (allegedly) took an item from below him to get him bit by the bear. The one pad in town was used on him, and now he was out for revenge. They both had zoom out, and were playing cat and mouse for ages. By then, I had gone searching for saplings to make the last arrow, despite the bear being long gone. I would need it later, however.

She told her side, I told Saabir's side. She got chased out multiple times, while Saabir scouted around like a bird of prey. He sees her in the jungle, with a baby, and I decide to follow him to support his side. He gets bit in the snow, and drops his knife behind a tree (Good think too, she wouldn't see it otherwise). She was safe, Saabir was desperate to kill her, but instead I went to get a pie. It was in vain, and he died. Evil woman got to live a full life afterwards.
I was still intent on getting my revenge, but then comes in two new contestants for the knife: Helen Hoe II and Unnamed Hoe

I had the knife in my horse cart to keep it safe, and as soon as I put down my horse to eat, they immediately tried to grab it. Luckily, I was fast enough, and they only got the pie. Anyways, I knew it wasn't safe with Helen after that. Unnamed seemed trustworthy at the time, since I thought he was the one trying to kill the bear earlier. I give him the knife, and he kind of makes a gesture towards me with it. I get back on my horse out of fear.

Fast forward a bit, I forgot what I was doing, but I entered a building with two doors, Helen follows.
She has the knife in her bag.
She proceeds to shut one door, and I try to run out. She shuts the other before I could make it out, and unsheathes her knife. I barge through the door and scream SHITSHITSHIT, my mother catching notice.
'What?' she asks, and I yell at her 'HELEN IS TRYING TO KILL ME!'
I go to show her where she was. At this point, she handed the knife back to Unnamed, presumably to appear innocent. I had only just entered again, still flushed with adrenaline, and Unnamed pulls the knife back out. At this point, it should have been clear to me that Unnamed was just as evil, perhaps communicating with Helen in some way. I move WAY out of his reach, and he drops the knife on the tile I was on after a few seconds of delay, saying 'I only want to give you the knife'.
It's at this point I reveal my arrow I had prepared earlier, pull it back onto a bow and threaten them to stay back. I know this town wants me dead, and I don't even know why. Was it because I was a part of a quad? Did they mistake me for Saabir? Or were they just lunatics?!
I took a few steps back, put the arrow back in my bag, and left with with my horse, and wouldn't return for another 7 years.

I wanted to curse them both, I wish I could. I thought the only solution would be to kill them. And so I began my long journey back home.
I don't know why I made this move, but it was the best move I had made, as it would save my pointless life. I parked my horse in a lone biome, where it couldn't leave, and pretended it had died far away. I went back into town and talked with them, 'admitting' I got the horse killed. They bought it.
It was so sketchy, they were speaking to me like I was a child who just had a nightmare; 'Chill out, don't worry' said Unnamed
'I have the knife, so it's ok', whilst Helen was like a broken record.
'Boy... boy!' picking up the bow next to her and dropping it, like she was looking for the arrow.
Unnamed took a step closer. I backed up. 'Chill I said, just come here'.

I knew I had nowhere to go, and I couldn't take much stress anymore. I said
'Screw this, this is too much for me. I'm logging off'
I then proceed to take off my clothes- Helen dives for the arrow, and Unnamed starts dashing towards me with a knife
'What's too much?' he says.

My heart jumps, I run for my fucking life. There's two crazed lunatics who nearly lured me into their trap and they have all the weapons. I remember my horse, and was *SO* happy I lied about it being bitten! I didn't even think this would happen, only up until now, I didn't know if Unnamed had mal intent.

They see me jump on the horse, I shout 'FUCKERS' with a grin on my red face. They can't chase me now. I just rode far, far away. I couldn't stop, I only got off to pick a few bananas off a tree, but then kept booking it. I was terrified they might've followed me, so I covered my tracks. I might've lost them now, I might be safe. I found a spot to rest for a second, and get my head together. I escaped them, and I was so happy I was alive.
Except now it's over, Unnamed was about the same age as me, so even if I went back years and years later, he'd shoot me dead.
My life would last very shortly after this, not from lack of food or being mauled, but I starved myself knowing this life had nothing left for me.

unknown.png?width=656&height=614

I died many hundreds of tiles away, passing many undiscovered biomes. I lie at rest with my horse in this lone spot. I said my last words, and took my own life. My trusty companion is now alone, in a small isolated snow mound, waiting to be found. If you find this, you now know my story.

unknown.png?width=644&height=614

Helen II http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3018331
Unnamed http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3018331
Jessabella http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3018331
Me and Saabir, as well as the other two quad players http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3018433

Last edited by Solbusaur (2019-01-21 23:13:03)

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2019-01-21 23:16:18

Grim_Arbiter

Re: Hoe Family Showdown

What a bunch of hoes

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-01-21 23:19:02

Solbusaur

I know right

I'm afraid our quad already made that joke a dozen times though

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)

#4 2019-01-21 23:24:26

Grim_Arbiter

Haha dirty quads will always draw some heat for sure, but some players just like to loiter in town and start some ruckus and will use any excuse. Im always running around too much and sometimes run back into town and everyone has killed eachother. Only constantly gathering stuff manages to spare you sometimes.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-01-21 23:31:34

Solbusaur

Ah, I should've mentioned. The other two were looong gone by the time the Saabir drama started. I was the only quad member left for, like, 20 or so years. By that point, I think I wouldn't have been a target based on being part of a quad.

Looking back at the family tree, it seems they were definitely just griefers. Unnamed had killed Jessabella and her kid without me even noticing. Pretty morbid to think they died without any witnesses, and their killer got to avoid all consequences

#6 2019-01-21 23:45:34

Grim_Arbiter

It happens. When I encounter someone suspected of griefing I will never directly confront them but I'll study them the furthest i can in awbz and wait. They usually have a cooldown spot with a pie (usually behind a tree). I'll wait for them to move toward town with the knife or bow then go take their pie. When they run back and come off cooldown they frantically starve searching for that pie and I get to watch from afar.

--Grim

#7 2019-01-22 00:08:57

GreatShawn

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

It happens. When I encounter someone suspected of griefing I will never directly confront them but I'll study them the furthest i can in awbz and wait. They usually have a cooldown spot with a pie (usually behind a tree). I'll wait for them to move toward town with the knife or bow then go take their pie. When they run back and come off cooldown they frantically starve searching for that pie and I get to watch from afar.

Nice

#8 2019-01-22 08:26:43

Grim_Arbiter

If any of you spawn into a village with a snowman jail in the north of it with one full grave and 2 skeletons it was me sacrificing myself to stop a child snow ball greifer.

I lived a pretty full life of getting wheat, composting and getting the town another horse. I burried my mom too and that grave is actually my mom.

But at like 40 some kid kept going to the snow pile by mom and pelting me and others. Got a secret snow block set up and trapped us both in for the greater good of everyone.

--Grim

Board footer