One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-20 05:17:15

antking:]#

build V.S. belief

I have realized some thing! It's mind blowing! I have played in both public and privet servers, have played from when tilled rows were endless, to the farming renaissance, from feet to wagons to horses to cars! in other words a long time and I have only recently decided to join the forums and talked and discussed many things and I would like to bring a discussion into the light!

I want to talk about a which you think is better, public, or privet servers.

I have realized that in public servers you have a strange kind of fun, every time you click the start, you never know what is going to happen or what might you might be born into. You can be in a mass Holocaust, or in the middle of a peasants revolt! their is an air of mystery every time you start a new life! and because you don't have a certainty of, being reborn into a town, people make the most of their life! and any one can tell this, because you see kings and religions, criminals and gangs, massacres and family drama! This need to be remember causes many, strange and new scenario!

as I like to call it Belief.

Now for privet servers don't have that thrill of not knowing what will happen next, and there is not as much role play, my theory is that they, because people know they will just come back in the same spot their isn't a need to make, an impression and need to make life changing choose. But this is rivaled, with the creative spirit with a world that you can build and build, making huge structures, lush gardens, meaningful graveyards, and majestic churches, thanks the repeating pattern of respon. and do again.

I like to call this Build.

I personally like Belief better then build, but I would like to know what others think about this.

Belief, vs Build?
Dramatic, vs Stable?
Unknown, vs Predictable?

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#2 2019-01-20 05:22:47

Crumpaloo

Re: build V.S. belief

I only do private servers if i wanna food around with game mechanics, i think i got on greeps one spawn point server and that looked pretty fun. Honestly though it wasnt for me, it takes out a huge mechanic of the game which is the unknown, and when you take that away all your left with is the predictable. Yeah if you get greifed so what, spawns at 50 tiles from where you just died and chances are admins gonna ban the greifer and you can go back to your life. Im trying to point out that theres no risk, its all just reward and it all feels un-earned so private servers are not for me.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#3 2019-01-20 05:51:12

CrazyEddie

Private servers are toys. Public servers are games.

#4 2019-01-20 15:44:51

The_Anabaptist

I'm a public server only player.  I don't use mods either.  Not that I wouldn't like a zoom feature, but I want Jason to want it as well.

Personally, I think the private servers are responsible for driving all the high end tech updates lately.  If this portion of the player base doesn't have a new tech level to achieve or a new apocalypse to trigger, then they will get bored and go play something else.  And clearly Jason doesn't want that to happen.  So the rest of us public server players languish in an unchanging meta because the earlier tech levels aren't seeing addition or updating of content.  Please allocate 1/2 hour a day of development time to broadening the earlier tech levels.

The_Anabaptist

Edited for spelling mistake...

Last edited by The_Anabaptist (2019-01-21 00:24:58)

Board footer