One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-15 08:21:42

dutch

How can I make Eves spawn together on my custom server?

Hi all,

Been liking the game. Have some QOL suggestions after playing a few hours with my girlfriend.

One thing we've been doing is playing on a custom server I setup on an Ubuntu USB boot stick. I've seen guides which show how to wipe the map, and others which show how to change the forceEveLocation.ini files to make it so Eves will spawn in the same spot. Also how to make it so that they spawn close to their last camp.

I've tried a lot, and I just can't seem to get it setup for us to both spawn together. Changing the X and Y coordinates in those two .ini files doesn't seem to work. What do I need to do so that we can spawn in the same location and work on the same camp on our private/custom server to get a feel for the game?

Also, I noticed that we never would spawn in as a baby of each other. We'd always be Eves. Is there a file setting where I can change this? Where if two people are playing on a private customer server, one will be able to spawn in as a baby instead of another Eve?

Thanks for the help.

-dutch

#2 2019-01-15 18:31:04

Gederian

Re: How can I make Eves spawn together on my custom server?

Common issue with configuration files not being respected is permissions.

#3 2019-01-16 01:52:01

dutch

Thanks for the reply, Gederian. Could you expand on that answer a little bit if you have a minute or two? 

I'll play around with it and see if I can figure out exactly what permissions need to be changed.

Thanks,
dutch

#4 2019-01-17 17:59:02

andrew_klassen

When you set the server up, if you didn't add the symlink for the tutorial maps (ln -s ../../OneLifeData7/tutorialMaps .), the eves will spawn in some random location if they have not finished the tutorial. I mentioned the same problem to Jason. He told me about the symlink.

Additionally, you can always just let my script do it for you.

https://github.com/andrew-klassen/onelife_easy_install

Board footer