One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-06 02:45:30

startafight

can someone confirm this? regarding yellow fever

when i was born my mom caught yellow fever, and i caught it as well. I had maybe 4 or 5 food bars in total and it was at three bars when i caught the fever

we stood on the ice biome and i spammed emotes (since i was dying i wanted to do /sad but apparently we cant emote when we're yellow)

it seemed like i was stuck on two food bars for a bit longer than normal and so i managed to live long enough for my mom to recover

not really sure if it was just my imagination or because i reached perfect temp just in time to survive. if any of u end up in this situation (with yellow fever on low hunger bar) can u try out spamming emotes and let me know if it was just my imagination?

#2 2019-01-06 04:15:23

betame

Re: can someone confirm this? regarding yellow fever

That's completely normal.

Yellow fever is survivable (without assistance) so long as you go to a neutral biome (or ice is even better) quickly enough, without much clothing.

The fever lasts 35 seconds, so if you start with all 6 pips you can survive at 5.84 sec/pip.

updating with numbers; from the python heat simulator I've been using

Biome Ins% playerHeat Sec/Pip
Ice    0%    0.5063     21.75
Ice   52%    0.8968     6.13

Neut   0%    0.6346     16.61
Neut  40%    0.9100     5.599

(Playtests appreciated)

Last edited by betame (2019-01-06 05:26:57)

Morality is the interpretation of what is best for the well-being of humankind.
List of Guides | Resources per Food | Yum? | Temperature | Crafting Info: https://onetech.info

#3 2019-01-06 04:58:51

startafight

betame wrote:

That's completely normal.

Yellow fever is survivable (without assistance) so long as you go to a neutral biome (or ice is even better) quickly enough, without much clothing.

The fever lasts 35 seconds, so if you start with all 6 pips you can survive at 5.84 sec/pip.

updating with numbers; from the python heat simulator I've been using

Biome Ins% playerHeat Sec/Pip
Ice    0%    0.5063     21.75
Ice   52%    0.8968     6.13

Neut   0%    0.6346     16.61
Neut  40%    0.9100     5.599

(Playlists appreciated)

i looked back on the recording and when i contracted yellow fever i dropped to 2 pips. i was at 1 pip for around 22 seconds (i tried timing it i might be a bit off but it was somewhere around that) before my mom picked me up. idk how to upload the file but heres what my temp was at for around 18~20 of the 22 seconds

jswSDKt.jpg

also this is when i contracted the yellow fever if it helps at all

aLqYnse.jpg

Last edited by startafight (2019-01-06 05:02:04)

#4 2019-01-06 14:24:14

BlueDiamondAvatar

The key to surviving yellow fever is temperature management.  If you don't have clothes that are very insulating and stay out of jungle and desert, it is generally survivable.   

People seem to obsess over getting fed by others - but that's only treating the secondary symptom.  You get hungry fast because your heat goes up.  If you can modulate your fever by staying in the ice biome, you will be fine.  It just means you can't keep doing whatever you were doing - like feeding a baby.

I don't think your emoting had anything to do with it.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#5 2019-01-06 23:43:09

startafight

BlueDiamondAvatar wrote:

The key to surviving yellow fever is temperature management.  If you don't have clothes that are very insulating and stay out of jungle and desert, it is generally survivable.   

People seem to obsess over getting fed by others - but that's only treating the secondary symptom.  You get hungry fast because your heat goes up.  If you can modulate your fever by staying in the ice biome, you will be fine.  It just means you can't keep doing whatever you were doing - like feeding a baby.

I don't think your emoting had anything to do with it.

ok thanks!

Board footer