One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 23:39:37

sigmen4020

About the new models

Is it just me or have they become a lot rarer after the apocalypse update? I have literally not spawned in as one of the new models or the original ginger girl and dark guy. And besides that I very rarily see them in villages.

It would be nice if they became more common IMO. Because at the moment it feels like they are very rare.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#2 2019-01-05 23:53:52

meestadogbreath

Re: About the new models

yeah. ive only been spawned once as the og redhead, and seen none of the black boy since. ever since the newest skins, i havent seen em.

hi, im worth, call me jeremy. i do bits of doodling here and there.
i always watch my children. everyone is worth it.

#3 2019-01-06 00:15:28

hmrka

but arent they supposed to be rare? i mean gingers are rare irl so it would make sense if theyre rare in game too.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#4 2019-01-06 00:56:13

Tarr
Banned

Basically the new models were coded wrong and have since been fixed to match their correct skin tone value. Before the update they were so common because they were coded to either be light brown (iirc) or it was white. This meant anyone of the matching skin tone had an equal chance of producing an old model or one of the new models that came with the update.

Basically all mothers have a 90% chance of producing a child of same skin tone value or a 10% chance to have a baby shift up or down a value. The reason you don't see the gingers or african models as often is because neither can produce a full lineage. Since they lack four members (2 females, 1 male) they cannot produce their own lineages. So instead of following the norm (90% same skin, 10% off color) they'll mostly birth babies of the next lighter or darker skin tone instead of reproducing their own. Once Jason adds the second male to each of the new models they'll be able to produce their own lineages just like everyone else.

TL;DR - New models can't mass produce themselves, require whites/light browns to produce, and different skin tone babies are only a 10% occurrence.

Last edited by Tarr (2019-01-06 04:36:30)

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer