One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 08:45:48

Tea

Say Hi To Berta

I spawned in the middle of nowhere but after looking around a bit, I knew exactly where I was. Not far west from the Four Bell Tower City flourishes a small town, my favorite town. I spend hours planting those berries and building the pen and the bakery. Every time I was lucky enough to come back, I had to fix the destruction left by careless players.

There were never a lot of people living there, most of them went back to the main city and stayed there. But it seems that people started to enjoy the little town, at the edge of the jungle.

I spend my Eve life there but sadly the family name died with my only daughter killed by Maddy Westgate. While making bread and cleaning up, I noticed a young man helping around. His name was Samson Westgate.

He asked for my knife since he wanted to stay in the kitchen and continue to bake. He seemed like an honest and nice lad, so I gave him my knife and asked him to take care of Berta and Herbert. He was confused and surprised when I told him that Berta was our cow.

"We have a cow ?" he asked surprised. So I led him to Berta's little pen, just next to the sheep pen.

"How should I take care ? Does she need a new berry bush ?"

"Nah, just come by some times and say hi. She loves that."

He told me that he would do that and I had to smile. I was certain that as soon as I died, he would continue to make pies and bread and completely forget about Berta. After all, it's just a game .

I said my good byes to Samson and started my new life. I was thrilled to see that I was born to the main city as Ike Westgate and rushed back to the other town as soon as I got hair.

Samson was working diligent in the kitchen, baking those pies and bread, while teaching the art of baking to a new player. I went to him, saying "I'm / back" but he seemed too occupied to notice my little white bubble. So I started to work, letting him teach his apprentice in peace.

After some time, Samson got old. Very old. While working at the berry farm, I noticed him saying to his student to follow him. They stopped in front of Berta's pen and he said this :

"This is Berta. Say hi to her from time to time"

I awed in front of my laptop and was so touched. For some time now I saw lots of murder and dispute in my recent lifes and seeing how one player actually cared about the name of the cow and the little story I told him, really really moved me and made me forget everything else.

Thank you Samson ! That was so sweet ♥

If you ever happen to be born to this town, say Hi to Berta wink

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2019-01-05 13:37:50

MultiLife

Re: Say Hi To Berta

Hahah, what if he thought it actually affects the cow in-game? big_smile
Sweet for sure. smile

What made the town your favorite? Location or the design of the place?

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-01-05 14:07:10

Tea

That would be funny indeed xD

I loved the location, it was almost surrounded by jungle and there were NO mosquitoes around ! But I think the pen and the kitchen are my favorite. I made the sheep pen next to the kitchen and made part of one wall out of boxes so when the shepherd would kill some sheep, he could easily put the meat in the boxes and the cook could use them for the pies, without running too far. Very effective and less clutter ♥

When I found that place, there were only part of the road, the walls and one forge. I spend three lifes building and got attached to it ^^ I was devastated when a woman came and stabbed me while I was building and for a long time never saw this place again.

Last edited by Tea (2019-01-05 16:06:58)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#4 2019-01-05 15:19:57

BlueDiamondAvatar

I call that town West Village.  Unfortunately, I've had a lot more problems with mosquitos there.  I think they used to be deeper in the jungle but have moved over to the area we have built in.  One of these days I will give that place a proper mosquito wall.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to drop by and say hi to Berta.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#5 2019-01-05 22:40:07

CrazyEddie

Tea wrote:

I noticed him saying to his student to follow him. They stopped in front of Berta's pen and he said this :

"This is Berta. Say hi to her from time to time"

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing!

I spawned as an Eve yesterday, heard a close bell, and followed it. I ended up in that village and saw your pen! Very nice. I found the road and kept going, and was surprised to find myself once again in San-Cal.

Board footer