One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 03:09:31

MultiLife

Jupiter - the Adam of the Susi family

My Eve mother picked me up and almost instantly stumbled across some old camp. There was no farm nor kilns but a hatchet and a bowdrill, and traces of people; skeletons, picked wild berry bushes, eggs, flowering cacti... The location wasn't ideal, but it had potential. My Eve mom went and named me Jupiter - I frowned as I was left without a surname.

As I grew, I instruced my mother to name herself and then started to scan the environment, harvesting the cacti and making baskets and a kiln. Then, my young Eve mother died after my little brother had reached age 4. I told him mom had died and that I would set out to find other people. I wished him good luck and made my home marker just in case I needed to return. I had to gather some food for myself before I left for good, and noticed my little brother standing idly, starving himself out of this life. He never said anything to me, but clearly he had made up his mind.

Now that there was nobody else, I took the tools we had in my basket and ran south. There were rabbit families, eggs and some blooming barrel cacti, so I hoped it was a good way to go, as it didn't seem untouched.
I ran, bumping into some old skeletons. Then I saw a fresh one. Then, I saw movement: a lone woman was picking bananas on a jungle edge.

I greeted her, coming out from the shadows of the jungle. She greeted me back. I told her my mom had died, and she told me her kids had died, adding that she is a new mother. I told her her spot is bad, as there was no water. I asked her to come north with me, intending to take her to my own old camp which was located in a nicer spot.
Just as I was instructing her to name herself, she gave birth to a daughter. She managed to name herself Eve Susi, and her child Sara Susi. Then, I made sure the Eve was fed and we set off to north.

My camp wasn't that far so we all made it alive in the end, and so I started to work, bringing in foods for us for starters. Soon I was super busy, splitting into multiple jobs. I foraged, made pottery, made steel tools, made omelettes, helped with farming, hauled soil and laid down some rock road to connect the farming area to the smithy and bakery.
Sadly soil pits were far from the farm but I hoped the road would eventually get there.

I saw Susi family kids come and go. It was quite delightful to be there as their "Adam". As an advanced smith, I was their backbone, their rock.

Old Eve Susi wanted to help, but due to her inexperience she perished right after I set her off to find branches for tools. One of the girls used up thread to make loincloths, which we surely didn't need at that point; rabbits were far south, and a backpack would've been essential for the second and third generation. It would've helped with soil too.

One of the girls was also a painfully new soul, she would cut down a maple and ran around like a headless chicken. I managed to teach her soil hauling, which she tirelessly committed to. Ahh, if only we could've rushed to sheep stage, compost would've made a huge difference here.

As the sun set for my journey we call life, I stood on my flat rock road and said my final words; "Susi family, remember me as your Adam". I heard Sara answer, "Don't worry", as I slipped to afterlife, finally being able to rest from all the work.

It's a rare life to cross out of my list;
"Be an Adam to an Eve."

Susi family made it to gen 5 only, someone released bears and well, the soil trips were an issue. Making loincloths with milkweed thread was also a blow to the camp. If we had a bit less newbies and a bit more advanced players, this Adam life would've been epic. But it was still fun to experience it.

Jupiter - http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2683445
Eve Susi - http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2683155

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-01-05 03:25:23)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2019-01-05 04:26:17

Tea

Re: Jupiter - the Adam of the Susi family

Aww thats such a cute story ♥  Too bad that your Eve couldn't live until old age !

I wish that one day Fathers and Adams will become a thing ...

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#3 2019-01-05 13:46:58

MultiLife

Tea wrote:

Aww thats such a cute story ♥  Too bad that your Eve couldn't live until old age !

I wish that one day Fathers and Adams will become a thing ...

Thanks! It was a sweet experience. A lone wild boi finds a doomed Eve and pulls her with him to living a long life with lots of surviving children.
I suspected the Eve would die at 57 latest, when the alarm stops ringing. I knew she was eager to learn and help, she probably felt like a burden and wanted to be useful. Sadly she didn't take a snack break as she set off to find branches; lady, it's okay to ask if you need more instructions. smile
I let go of the 60 year Eve goal as I couldn't demand it from her, so I rather let her try to do stuff even if we lost the respawn chance (it's a tiny chance anyways).

Lots of intertwining lineages after the update, I think it'd be super funny to see women bring their kids to you, a non-related male, going like "You're a father now". big_smile Would women dump their kids onto these men? Would the kids demand stuff from these fathers? It'd spur more interactions with others, maybe we'd be less quiet and give in to more social interactions if this were to happen. I'm sure many would set out to find their dad, and many would ignore the whole deal.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-01-05 13:49:21)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2019-01-05 14:16:39

Tea

I surely think that many would enjoy that update, it would add more spice to one life and would make great stories to tell ! Also a little bit of drama big_smile

Also it would be interesting to see what kind of Adam you will get to live your Eve life with. Will he be silent or talkative ? Will he be an experienced person or someone who burns the rabbits ? Will he stay with you ?

Exciting !

The one and only Eve Kelderman

Board footer