One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-24 00:00:08

WomanWizard

Are the new characters all coded as if they are white?

I was just one of the new black girls and noticed that genetics don't seem to be working the way they were before. Basically all of my family members were white, ginger, or the other black girl. Didn't see the black boy once.

I'm thinking this wasn't intentional, but correct me if I'm wrong.

#2 2018-12-24 00:06:24

Tarr
Banned

Re: Are the new characters all coded as if they are white?

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how the new characters work. Previous to this update characters would only move up and down a skin tone (ginger > white > light brown > dark brown) while the new characters will pop out of any of the skin tone types. I'm not exactly upset with how the new characters pop up as it allows them to be a lot more common.

If anything I think they should stay as is until Jason adds another character to the ginger race (ginger male) and another to the darkest race (black male) as then they'll each be able to have their own lineages without worry.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-12-24 00:43:41

WomanWizard

I just browsed through the family tree again to see what's going on in there (I was in the Ginger family and birthed many daughters, so there's a lot to look at.) The black girls seem to be able to be born from all other females in the game, and they can give birth to brown, white, and ginger kids, but not the black boy. It looks like they are coded as white, as in the brown haired and blonde girls, which means going in either direction for skin colour would allow them ginger and brown babies, but not black.

So the poor little black boy is still all alone in his own category it seems.

As for waiting to fix it, if I'm not mistaken the game chooses skin colour before gender, right? If so, that explains why we were having so many girls in my gen. With the addition of the new girls, that particular skin colour is now highly female leaning, making for more daughters. I certainly wasn't complaining at the time, but it does make things a little unbalanced.

#4 2018-12-24 22:00:31

WalrusesConquer

I was a black boy born to a black mom. It still happens

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2018-12-24 22:52:14

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Whoops!

Yes, I screwed up the race flags on the new characters.  Will fix this week.

#6 2018-12-25 00:55:10

Solbusaur

I KNEW something was up

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#7 2018-12-25 01:12:37

Azrael

Yeah because arent there not enough new black characters to have a lineage. I was so confused why the new black models had so many new black model kids, theyre supposed to be a rarity like the ginger and black models should NOT have genes that work like white and brown models.

Makes sense though if they are coded to be like that accident.

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#8 2018-12-25 02:29:42

WomanWizard

jasonrohrer wrote:

Whoops!

Yes, I screwed up the race flags on the new characters.  Will fix this week.

Thanks Jason!

Board footer