One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-24 06:49:55

Eclipciz

Story in the Village.

So before the story, I want to say I’ve been kind of obsessed with making Engines.

I was born into a smallish town, named Potter or something along those lines, with a mediocre sheep pen, berry farm, and a lot of iron and every thing needed to make an engine. I started immediately working step by step with the forum post below helping me (It’s really helpful!). It was hard doing it alone, and I knew I was wasting water and coal powering the Multipurpose machines. It was around that time a kid came up to me, saying he knew how to make the engine. I was relieved; a partner to finish this time consuming project.

Together we worked for around 35 minutes, coordinating who did what to make this thing. There were constantly people clogging the area, even as I said to go away multiple times. There was this one girl, who powered the Multipurpose engine two times while picking up our tongs and such. I had enough; I brandished my knife and her throat was slit in an instant.

After this, my partner and I finished everything other than the Cam Timing and rubber. By this time I was 55 years old. I gave everything to him, saying please make the car. At this time, a small boy came up and said he’d make the rubber. I rejoiced inside my head, and had another partner for the last minutes of my life. I vanished away into bones before I could make anything rubber related.

I was born back into the village several hours later. I knew it when I spawned in, and I wondered where the engine had gone. This remained in my head until to my right, there was the car. I was so proud of those two who finished my life long goal. However, there was no oil, so I started working on some pipes, but we didn’t have any iron for much. So with this...I didn’t accomplish much in this life, and died to a wolf foolishly while hunting, dying before the string could be woven through my injuries.

I spawned back in the village again, as a Tarr last name, with my mother giving me her backpack at an early age. I new there was something different or changed in this village. They had an entire system to an oil land and mega pen with sheep, pigs, and cows. That was cool I guess. So, with this life I could finally drive the car that I worked on so many hours ago. My mother died before I turned sixteen aswell, and I took her clothes. After this, I powered the car, and drove it around. I know cars aren’t practical but oh boy was it fun knowing that this is what I did after my first life. After this, I started making more kerosene, especially for the more practical water engine pump which had also been created. After this, my mom respawned as my niece I believe and that was cool. I retired into being a doctor as a saw a person get shot. I cursed somebody that killed a lady. Soon though, I had to go, and I revved the car engine one last time and drove carefully around the facility until I died.

I think it’s really fun being to see the offspring of your creation be turned into so much more. I think that’s really the beauty of this game. Even though it’s not designed so you can personally see the future that often, but when you can it’s pretty glorious seeing your hard work paying off with you using it.

I wanna shout out to my first partner making the engine with me, without you I would’ve never been able to truly feel that I did something that life; we did something, thank you.

Thanks to the kid after that who finished the car I’m assuming, even with no oil probably.

Thanks to the annoying girl where I could take out my frustration and stab her quickly.

Thanks to my mom who didn’t do much, but respawned as my niece and that was a funny thing.

Happy holidays everyone.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2506789 (First life)

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2506789 (Second life)

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2506789 (Last Life)

Last edited by Eclipciz (2018-12-24 06:55:11)

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#2 2018-12-24 09:18:27

Sylverone

Re: Story in the Village.

Eclipciz wrote:

I think it’s really fun being to see the offspring of your creation be turned into so much more. I think that’s really the beauty of this game. Even though it’s not designed so you can personally see the future that often, but when you can it’s pretty glorious seeing your hard work paying off with you using it.

Yeah, it's really weird. At first it felt restrictive, but there's a brilliance to the way the game keeps us blind to most of what happens outside our life. When details do emerge from other players, they are distilled down to the most significant things they witnessed. There's not the information overload and all of the irrelevant moments that can't be filtered out by a replay feature. Just stories woven from snippets of lives. SirCaio's Cardinals thread is a good example of that right now.

#3 2018-12-24 12:44:24

MultiLife

Happy holidays! I played a small part in your story, as an unknown lady who raised a lonely, crying nephew of hers, who became the boy who took over the creation of the car; Shadow Knight. Yes I named him too, hahhah. big_smile

I was Lucienne Knight. In a life before this, I had been driving around a car in an abandoned town, ringing a bell in my loneliness (traveled there from 2k away when we ran outta girls).
Back to Lucienne; I was a kid finding a job when you stabbed the teenager. You told us she lit the forges seven times or something, as the ginger lady held you at knifepoint. It was quite intense. The quiet, wounded teenager defended herself, simply saying "lag". Maybe she had been lagging and accidentally lighting up stuff, but seven times?? Perhaps not innocent after all. In here you say two though so I dunno if my memory is serving me right or if you exaggerated the numbers in-game. big_smile
Here is a pic where you almost got cut:
y94T0YR.png

I squinted at you to memorize your name as you ran from the scene after being let go by the ginger lady. Potter Knight... He is probably alright, but just in case...
I got kids so I spent time moving stew farm, giving the task onward to my daughter as I had to take over baking as our baker died, as nobody noticed but me. As I was stuck keeping the town fed and teaching a newbie baker, I noticed my baby nephew crying alone near the smiths'. I picked him up, named him Shadow, showed him around a bit. Made sure he would make it. He ran in to join the car project soon after.

When I was older, I saw him fume about someone taking his parts. He swore to kill the guy who did it, even when he had no knife. I walked to him to say I didn't see who it was, sort of trying to acknowledge his plight so he wouldn't feel like he is fuming to thin air. Someone probably had moved the stuff outside of his vision, but I had no idea what was missing as he didn't mention any details so I slid away to keep the baking going.
z9buOEX.png

Shoutout to my darling son My Knight, I saw you help around many times, and I was very grateful, even when I had no time to say it out loud. I did manage to say my goodbyes though, which was nice. Had to hurry to die at the graveyard though, so I wouldn't litter the farms where we said our goodbyes. Buffy (Buford) the bunny slayer, sadly I didn't see you around much but thank you for taking on the trapping task so enthusiastically. Mega, you tried your best, thank you for helping with the stew farm moving. I would've loved to help you and teach you but sadly the baking took priority this time.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-24 15:55:42)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-24 14:50:53

Eclipciz

MultiLife wrote:

In here you say two though so I dunno if my memory is serving me right or if you exaggerated the numbers in-game. big_smile

I exaggerated so I wouldn’t get stabbed by the lady ahah; I mean it was still justified. Also, the picture shows me in desperation mistyping NoNono to the lady because lots of times when I do that, townspeople have really no context to what happened, but luckily this lady wasn’t as bloodthirsty and was understanding. Thanks for the picture aswell.

Also, the second picture is of the little boy I discovered wanting to help in my final minutes. Just realized that. Shoutout to him for completeting it I assume. (At least continuing it)

It’s cool to see how one’s story overlaps with another but in different context.

Last edited by Eclipciz (2018-12-24 14:57:03)

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

Board footer