One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-12-20 20:54:55

Greep

Re: Griefer signs detected against plausible deniability

I could be wrong, it's hard to tell in a game where you don't see the next generation, but I think it's the other way around:  there's less griefers than people think.

For instance:  some player said they wanted to make burritos and tacos and asked around, and I was like. "okay fine, it's an established town, knock yourself out."

Now what happens when this person dies? Nobody makes tacos and burritos, and so now you've got like a bunch of bowls filled with carnitas and lime that some intermediate player who wants to do something else is stuck either fetching more clay or cleaning it out.

Or those buckets filled with latex.  Some players legitimately want to make a bunch of tires for carts and horsecarts.  And what happens when they die?  5 buckets with garbage.

This is why I mostly just stick to the meta unless there's a dead town and I want to learn something: if you do something complicated you have to clean up your junk when you die, and you may die sooner than you expect (and most people don't think they need to clean up their junk even sadly).

There ARE griefers that kill towns by doing junk, and it's way more destructive than serial killers, but it's hard to tell the exact amount because a lot of players don't use zoom mod xD

Last edited by Greep (2018-12-20 21:23:03)

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#27 2018-12-20 21:36:06

lionon

Greep wrote:

there's less griefers than people think.

Honestly currently there is far less than used to be a week ago. And yes I think that is since people got more aware of that. However.

Greep wrote:

Some players legitimately want to make a bunch of tires for carts and horsecarts.  And what happens when they die?  5 buckets with garbage.

Well this is usually a question of "are you stupid are you just acting like?" Honestly it doesn't matter, if someone fills up all the buckets (5!) with latex without having the sulfur and oil ready, they are troubling the town..

Especially if they then come up with a bullshit story for needing this for horsecarts.. as these don't work on horsecarts!

And as said, especially if this is combined with other "stupid"-behavior.

About tacos... well first make the buritos before you make the carnitas and everything will be fine. Fill a ton with carnitas before having the borittos you are making trouble.

EDIT: Actually the difference between genuine idiot or griefer *does* matter as in the way to deal with them. What doesn't matter is that something needs to be done.

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-20 21:45:52)

#28 2018-12-20 22:25:14

MultiLife

Killed a boy today who was force-feeding bananas to my babies. He kept bringing in bananas and fed them to my babies whom I was constantly feeding myself. Then he juggled the babies for no reason, making it hard to feed them. Both babies and I told him to stop it. Bananas don't grow back. And I'm right there to feed the babies.

I was the blonde lady so maybe he didn't see I had a knife under my hair. My daughter said she would kill herself if I let the annoying boy live. I ended his life after he showed no intention to stop (not because of my daughter's threat).

After the stab, he said he brought the bananas, I guess he was trying to use that as a right to continue what he was doing? "I picked them so I get to choose what I do with them"? But guess what, I got a knife. If you go against a person with a weapon, you are pushing your luck. You can do what you want with the bananas but there may be consequences, just due to the simple fact I am armed.

I wonder if the villagers would've killed me if we had more weapons. The newbie twins seemed shocked.

Anyways, was he a griefer or not, his actions were griefing; force-feeding even when told to stop, wasting non-respawning resources, juggling babies which hinders/prevents me from feeding them... it is sabotage, albeit minimal. He may have known it, or didn't, but he dug his grave here. Didn't curse him though. Nobody did.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#29 2018-12-20 23:17:34

Greep

Picking resources isn't a right to do with them as you please anyways (unless you have horse carts).  There's a finite amount of resources in walking distance, so if you seriously waste them it doesn't matter that you picked them, even if there's plenty more they're that much harder to walk to.  They're not yours and if the whole town dislikes what you're doing with them, prepare to get stabbed.

Edit: nvm lionon, I just saw a town with 5 griefers over the hour -____-  Arsonist, sheep sheerer turned murderer later, etc.

Last edited by Greep (2018-12-20 23:41:28)

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

Board footer