One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-20 18:12:43

Sylverone

Bates the Farming Queen

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2463757

So in my most recent town I was born a girl to the resident baker. She was pretty nice, gave me a tour of the town as I recall. When we get back near the bakery I see a blonde lady with a crown. "Qu-ee-n?" "Yes, she is our queen." The queen was quite nice as well, and since my mother was ready to get back to baking I was left in the queen's care. I asked what needed done. I think she suggested farming. I tended the berries a bit and contributed a little to the planting going on just north (carrots).

Some time passes and the aged queen walks up to me and my sister Hydie, announcing that she needs to pass on the crown. I say "I'm not sure I'm up to the task." and immediately have a kid. I move away slightly to get my kid warm and don't notice the rest of the exchange, but then the queen walks up beside my kid and plunks the crown on her head. Some man is standing nearby and witnesses this, and the old queen announces something like, "They both refused the crown, so now bb is queen. LOL".

Then what does the baby say?

"Do-nt-wa-nt-cr-ow-n", to which I can only say, "LOL, wise child", having read some stories. So, I pick up a nearby white wool cap off the ground, shove it on her head, and don the crown myself. I announce myself, "Bates, the farming queen", and then proceed to keep having children so that I'm unable to farm - I'm a noob who can't multitask well yet. I manage to keep my kids alive, and do a little here and there for the farms, but nothing impressive. Somewhere in the midst of it all this one blonde lady is insisting on feeding me because I'm queen and this curly-haired lady is talking to me like I'm "her love", acting like she's trying to use a lasso on me. At one point one of them grabbed the other one's baby for a bit. Long story short things ended with the "lover" stabbing somebody and then getting stabbed by someone fast, and cursed by at least half of us.

In the wake if that, as I am aging, I walk into a group of kids and tell them to heed the wisdom of the ancestors, "Never harvest the last plot." One of them asks why, so I explain it's for the seeds. If they weren't just playing along maybe that will help some town down the line. Two of the kids seem to be listening. One asks, "More-wisd-om", so I start on an explanation of compost, then go to show one of them, but I think I ran off screen too much without saying to follow and lost them. Lesson learned, I guess.

At the end of my life, two women gathered near to say farewell. I didn't have enough time to properly decide on an heiress, so I suddenly said, "rock paper scissors" and crumpled into a heap.

Anyone here present for that nonsense? smile

Board footer