One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-17 01:59:01

Crumpaloo

Suggestion: Irrigations system (with some drawings)

So alot of people are wondering why it is we have amazing tools, industrial transportation, and yet, no system to water our plants yet. Well i got a few ideas for this specifically. Basically the idea is to use a newcomen drill to bore holes inside of long shafts, and then use those bored long shafts as a makeshift irrigation system. So for recipes it look something like this:

Long Shaft + Newcomen bore = irrigation pipe

https://imgur.com/8XflzLn

Irrigation pipe + North/South Stake = Irrigation pipe B

https://imgur.com/YfHDG8W

Irrigation Pipe A + Bow saw = Halved Irrigation pipe

Halved Irrigation pipe + Irrigation pipe A = Three Way Irrigation pipe

https://i.imgur.com/EPLZxKM.png

Three Way Irrigation Pipe + North/South Stake = Three Way Irrigation Pipe B

https://i.imgur.com/B71QRBj.png?1

Newcomen Pump + Irrigation Pipe = Newcomen pump With Irrigation pipe

Rules:

Inorder for your plants to be watered by the pipes they must first be connected to a newcomen pump. Every time the pump is done cycling water would slowly funnel through all the connected pipes, watering any plants that were right next to the pipes themselves (perhaps playing a watering animation). Then, after a certain period, the water would stop flowing and the pipes would become empty. Now obviously there are gonna be some restrictions to how far these pipes can water plants away from the pump before they become obsolete. making farms around water pumps the prefered method for any civilization high on the tech tree and ONLY those. Also, depending on how long the irrigation system works after the newcomen pump is finished, the entire well could dry up as to counteract the amount of plants being automatically watered. Also, treat irrigation pipes like structures, have them built by first putting stakes down and then the pipes themselves. Only allowing them to be removed with the use of a adez, This will make it harder for greifers to simply pick up one of the pipes and ruin the whole process making for a more enjoyable experience.

Really id love to hear what you all think, should this be implemented, or are there more important things you are looking forward to?

P.S.: Apologized for some of the really zoomed out drawings, was using GIMP and am not totally familer with the software, also these drawings use the long shaft from Jasons OHOL and build off that

Last edited by Crumpaloo (2018-12-17 02:01:11)

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#2 2018-12-17 02:32:16

Glassius

Re: Suggestion: Irrigations system (with some drawings)

This is great idea! I still believe Jason would introduce waterworld in future, with lakes, rivers and sees. However, such big sources of sweet water would make newcommen pump neglected. However, if such a newcomen would automatically irrigate a big amount of tilled rows without need to run with bowls and bucket, it would still be viable option smile

#3 2018-12-17 02:53:27

Crumpaloo

Re: Suggestion: Irrigations system (with some drawings)

Glassius wrote:

This is great idea! I still believe Jason would introduce waterworld in future, with lakes, rivers and sees. However, such big sources of sweet water would make newcommen pump neglected. However, if such a newcomen would automatically irrigate a big amount of tilled rows without need to run with bowls and bucket, it would still be viable option smile

Couldnt agree more, as for new bodies of water, i think jason said something about wanting people to move around and not get stuck in one mega town, by introducing a sea of water or a constant flow of water, that would allow for infinite water making the need to seek out any other sources obselete, which if the creation of the newcomen pump says anything, its that we should be relying on these tools more then ever.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

Board footer