One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-14 21:00:59

Vexenie

Non-wound ailments

Right now, the only way to die other than starvation or old age, is wound by animals or players
Most of them are simple, just wipe clean, sew up and good to go
BUT I would like to see more complex SURGERIES, like the removing of an arrow head or curing a snake bite

These are SOME of the non-wound troubles
Notice that the more severe ones are on the right and the simpler ones on the left
Ailments are maybe not for ohol because of it's fast nature (1 min = 1 year), but it would give medicine a reason

To cure all of these in this picture, I'll make list
BUT with the actual surgeries, like appendix rupture or bone fracture, you'll need painkiller
and the earliest painkiller dates back to sumeria, where people would scrape a specific tree and eat it, which eases pain
That tree is willow, and so we could use a knife on a willow tree to get a bowl of painkiller

Appendix rupture:
Move the person to a floor with a bear skin and give painkiller (To administer painkiller, the person needs to be on bear skin WHILE with a ailment)
Sterilize a knife and cut into, use small metal tongs (Made by two blank blades) to pull out appendix and use knife again
Clean incision and sew up

Kidney stone:
The more simpler thing to cure
Boil multible bowls of snow to make fresh water
Force feed the player a shit ton of water to make them piss (Shown by the pissing male player)
Then there are two possibilities, either the stone is grinded away by water
OR the stone comes out, making the player lose a lot of hunger points

Fever:
A fever stays for a long time if you don't treat tour self
A fever only raises your body temperature, like yellow fever, but you can still do things
to cure it, fill a bowl with snow and click on yourself, wait and the bowl turns into freshwater and your fever is gone

Common cold:
Just... Wait it out... While blowing your nose to shorten it?... IDK!!!

If you noticed, there's also fresh water, because pond water is DIRTY, so there will be a chance to get sick
But why do we need to drink water?
Because there should also be a thirst meter, which drains much slower than hunger
To make fresh water, you'll need to boil snow on any fire or heat source except small heat sources like lit tinder or fire brand

Getting sick from dirty water will give you:
Weak:
Dizziness (Edge of seeable map gets blurry)
nausea (slower movement speed)

Extreme:
Vomiting (makes you lose a lot of water and hunger points)
If drunk a lot of dirty water:
Kidney failure (hopeless during now, but a chance at end game)

Last edited by Vexenie (2020-09-27 15:44:19)

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2018-12-14 22:17:56

Solbusaur

Re: Non-wound ailments

I don't like the whole thirst thing, makes living a lot more tedious (especially for new players who already have enough shit to deal with).
Everything else sounds cool though, I like the painkiller idea for some surgeries

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#3 2018-12-14 22:22:47

MultiLife

Would be really fun if there was a pool of ailments and when you get attacked by an animal or slam into something with a car it would pick out an ailment for you, sometimes fatal and sometimes not; then some people would rupture their appendix in a car crash, someone else twists their ankle when tipping a horse cart, someone gets an infection from a minor wolf bite, someone breaks their arm because of a domestic boar...

Then ofc it would be hilarious if there was some overlapping craziness with ailments and wounds. Like you drive your car, crash it and the game grants you kidney stones from the ailment pool. :'D Or a bear attacks and you just get a headache from it. Or a snake bite just makes you momentarily blind. Or a mosquito swarm gives you stomach flu.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-14 22:40:29

karltown_veteran

I like that idea.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2018-12-15 11:56:33

Vexenie

MultiLife wrote:

Then ofc it would be hilarious if there was some overlapping craziness with ailments and wounds. Like you drive your car, crash it and the game grants you kidney stones from the ailment pool. :'D Or a bear attacks and you just get a headache from it. Or a snake bite just makes you momentarily blind. Or a mosquito swarm gives you stomach flu.

2S6Z2WM.png

#6 2018-12-15 12:14:51

MultiLife

Yes, this is the world I want. You go to your village doctor and they go like "how did you get kidney stones?" and you just reply "I crashed a car".
Random pull ailments FTW!

Also momentary blindness could work like so you can see speech bubbles only.
Momentary tunnel vision could also be a non-fatal ailment. Normally you'd get it with a random chance by tipping a horse cart (hitting your head) but in my perfect random pull ailment world you could get it from a knife stab. Magical.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2018-12-15 12:22:09

Vexenie

Painkiller comic
5v6Emhl.png

#8 2018-12-15 22:00:51

Vexenie

MultiLife wrote:

Yes, this is the world I want. You go to your village doctor and they go like "how did you get kidney stones?" and you just reply "I crashed a car".
Random pull ailments FTW!

Also momentary blindness could work like so you can see speech bubbles only.
Momentary tunnel vision could also be a non-fatal ailment. Normally you'd get it with a random chance by tipping a horse cart (hitting your head) but in my perfect random pull ailment world you could get it from a knife stab. Magical.

In my opinion, the car crash one is the funniest
You'd be driving til it crash and then you're like
" AAAH! Shit! Back hurts" thinking your back is broken and voila, shock wave from the car crash created stones

#9 2018-12-16 05:21:37

Glassius

I love the car crash idea. It would make roads necessary, or you gonna get hurt on tree, rock and so on smile

Board footer