One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-18 04:36:27

TrustyWay

Best experience I ever had [Love you mom and brother]

Boy, I was born in a lonely place with my mother alone we had carrots, milkweed, few cloths, few iron tools. I never knew if she did all that or found it. Then came brother. We hold the farm a while. Therefore she became too old to give birth, we had no women in sight and we lost hope. So I packed a wheelbarrow full of carrots and my brother a basket. We told mom good warm goodbyes and left straight east.

The odysse began, we ran for years and found nothing. beard began to grow for me, my brother wasn't a kid anymore, a grown man. On the way we found nothing but dead villages empty of food except once that saves us. Fully clothed, second wheelbarrow full of food we headed for north. sadly my brother died in a tragic accident on the endless road: killed by a bear in bear party. I though about my mom, she was probably dead too at this time because of her age. I felt sad and old too, I was going back home. On the road I meet a woman and her child but they died because the mother didn't know what to do, I had plenty of food.

Back home, I saw my mom's body, I knew it was her becaue of the cloths, while removing rest I saw the pie she made before dying, maybe for us. I almost cried. I did her the most beautiful grave somebody could had. Her body surrounded by pie flowers and carrots. It took me years but my love was too strong.

While doing my grave and my brother's one I meet a naked woman and her child, I took them to my place and take care of them. We had plenty of food but around my 50th I died ambushed by a wolf while hunting. As what wolf aren't always retards.

Life is hard and I lived so much, still died too early. Best experience I ever had.

Love you mom, love you lil' bro, all those deads maybe make us sad but our efforts will weren't vains, we preserved the species.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-18 14:06:40)

#2 2018-03-18 04:54:02

TrustyWay

Re: Best experience I ever had [Love you mom and brother]

I had to finish the story on the PC sadly, mobile square gets too big to clic on summit

#3 2018-03-18 06:35:42

PooManCHU

lucky your brother didn't kill you with a knife or bow, that happens alot now a days

#4 2018-03-18 06:46:19

Portager

I dig the bittersweet nature of your story. So did you tell your mother that you were leaving? You mentioned that she had baked pies for you and your bro, did you leave while she was making them and then return many years later in a twist of irony and eat them?

PooManCHU wrote:

lucky your brother didn't kill you with a knife or bow, that happens alot now a days

True, it has reached epidemic proportions.

Last edited by Portager (2018-03-18 06:46:38)

#5 2018-03-18 13:57:18

TrustyWay

Portager, yes we did, we took our times to say a warm goodbye and she let us take anything we wanted, we had plenty of food but no mouth to fed. Too many carrots. I found her body with the unique pie and 3 uncooked pies. I put the 3 pies each in basket between 2 carrots around her grave and planted milkweed between the baskets. My backpack front of her body with the pie half eaten a tribute.

I came back home I dunno why, probably a natural thing to see his birth place. I really felt alone too.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-18 14:03:34)

#6 2018-03-18 23:48:11

egrigby

Did your Mom send you off?  And tell you to take Pie with you while you went to search for a wife to bring home to the farm?

I was born an Eve in the middle of the wilderness.  I immediately had a baby.  I did the best I could.  I held him constantly, letting him go only to feed myself.  Before I could find another village, I had a second child, another boy.  I reached to pick him up, but he ran from my grasp into the woods.  I was distraught, but I had my son to think about.  I scooped him up and headed north.  He grew hair and ran ahead.  I lost him, my firstborn.  On my own, I found a village, It was deserted, but there were carts full of food, and every tool I could imagine.  I picked all the ripe carrots, and in the process, I had another child. It was another boy.  I looked and found some water, and watered some carrots.  I had to stick close to camp for the baby.  I had a fourth child.  A girl.  She had beautiful dark hair and caramel skin.  I knew she was the future of our clan. I left her farming to go for water to the north.  I had another son while I was away, and when I brought him back to show my older children, my daughter was gone. 

I had two more children, both boys.  My boys worked hard on the farm.  They brought me wood and wheat.  They ran far for water, our well was dry.  While I was nursing my last son, my milk dried up.  He told me he was hungry, that my milk was dry.  I quickly grabbed a carrot and fed him.  He smiled, I think he really liked the taste.  I fed him from my hands until he was grown.  While my boys did the manual labor, I worked in the kitchen.  I made pies for everyone, my special recipe. 

When I was in my late 40's, my son came to me.  He was afraid for the farm, I told him to take a cart, and pie and find a wife.  I asked him to bring her back to the family farm. I knew in my heart that I would not be there when he got back.  He left with his brother.  I never saw them again.  I had only one son left on the farm.  He did his best to take care of me.  I gave him my clothes and stood by the fire knowing my time was short.  I told him to take care of the village, and to remember the pie recipe.  My last hope was that my sons would find wives and another generation of children would live on the farm.  It wasn't long after that, I died.  As I floated in the blackness, I wasn't worried, I knew my sons were good men.

Last edited by egrigby (2018-03-19 20:28:35)

Board footer