One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-12 04:46:07

SavageOgre

GUNS

yep, thats not clickbait, im actually curious about the introduction of firearms in this game, especially with the new bore machine. So our first implementation of firearms would probably be flintlock muskets, single shot, cumbersome to load, carry, and make, make the firing of the rifle a multi click operations (EX first click makes you assume the stance, second makes you prime the flint, third makes you fire)
I see this evolving into maybe 6 shooter revolvers or something, but with a tool engraving/naming system i think it would be pretty cool to have a personally engraved musket to pass down to your child, who you can teach to load, fire it.
It could be used as a replacement to the bow, using lessnatural resources and more machines parts, and the trade off could make it impossible to sew up a found from a musket because it will blow such abig hole in you, it could also be used for hunting and dispatching of bears and pests/ other people down the line
but im mostly curious about what the players think, if we can turn off the part of our brain that goes "but its just gonna be used to grief reeeee" could be said the same for the bow and the knive, i just wanna know what people actually think about firearms in this game

#2 2018-12-12 05:38:20

bENdI

Re: GUNS

based on the fact the game is post-apoc, we wont have any primitive stuff to evolve into modern stuff.

"If you already know how to make steel, why would you go through the trouble of a bronze and iron age?"

we'll probably just get shotguns and deer for a hunting update

shotguns would be the same as arrows except on deer, it's an insta-kill whereas with arrows you need multiple or a chance for a one-hit-kill.
for humans, it'd just be the same as an arrow except you dont need to take out the arrow stick to extract the shell.

there's no use in revolvers other than roleplay

#3 2018-12-12 05:40:39

SavageOgre

Why shotguns before muskets aha

#4 2018-12-12 05:45:53

bENdI

because we already know how to make shotguns, why waste resources on muskets?

#5 2018-12-12 06:32:10

SavageOgre

fits with the current age of the game better than shotguns do imo

#6 2018-12-12 06:37:49

WalrusesConquer

Also why add guns in a game of cooperation? Personally I'm against more fire arms, a bow is just rope and a new shaft. Guns require iron. Iron is a pain to collect.

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2018-12-12 06:40:00)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#7 2018-12-12 16:19:26

SavageOgre

iron is only a pain to collect if your not using the zoom mod and if if you dont have horse carts, with horse carts its rather easy imo.
and because i feel that later on in the game,  villages will pop up closer to each other and may fight over valuable resources

#8 2018-12-12 16:23:47

lionon

SavageOgre wrote:

iron is only a pain to collect if your not using the zoom mod and if if you dont have horse carts, with horse carts its rather easy imo.
and because i feel that later on in the game,  villages will pop up closer to each other and may fight over valuable resources

This very much depends on the direction jason will want to give the game with the updates to come... are village to be set to be fighting over resources or are they about to be cooperating / trading and violence only as a means if one side tries to betray/steal.

#9 2018-12-12 17:22:11

SavageOgre

lionon wrote:
SavageOgre wrote:

This very much depends on the direction jason will want to give the game with the updates to come... are village to be set to be fighting over resources or are they about to be cooperating / trading and violence only as a means if one side tries to betray/steal.

I dont want people to just be having all out wars all the time for no reason, but i really enjoy the idea of sociteys working with each other to the best of their abilitys, BUT having an armory, or a defensive postions, or a stockpile of muskets in case a griefer, or another nation comes to you to do harm

#10 2018-12-12 18:34:44

Dodge

Sawn off shotgun in backpack big_smile

Last edited by Dodge (2018-12-12 18:35:08)

#11 2018-12-12 19:30:16

bENdI

its because the game doesnt reflect upon the real life time periods, the game reflects upon reinvention

jason wants the game to be culturally and time periodically ambiguous

#12 2018-12-12 19:39:26

lionon

bENdI wrote:

jason wants the game to be culturally and time periodically ambiguous

While with it's cultural arbitrariness, mixing and picking as seen fit, it portrays the post modernism of the contemporary now tongue

Board footer