One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-09 20:30:34

startafight

suggestion: whispering

what if u could whisper to someone so nobody but ur whisper target could see what ur saying

im envisioning a mechanic in which if two or more ppl stand on the same tile they can w/ [speech] to each other. but if somebody else walks into the same tile they'd also be able to see what the whisperers are saying

if this volume idea could be extended into a shout (s/ [speech]) which produces a speech bubble that goes beyond a screen, maybe 2 or 3 screens but decreases in size the further someone is. that would be pretty cool

it would have a lot of use, especially shouting if ur out hunting with someone n ur lost. or if ur planning to kill a sponge. ofc griefers can use it too but i think the benefits would outweigh the cons considering the fact griefers can also just use discord or whatever to talk to each other outside of game

#2 2018-12-09 21:35:49

Solbusaur

Re: suggestion: whispering

...Mmmmmmyes maybe

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#3 2018-12-09 23:32:28

bENdI

purgatory maybe

#4 2018-12-10 06:56:35

lionon

I see a use in shouting but none in whispering

#5 2018-12-11 00:02:26

PeaGirl

I believe this would be very good idea. It would also help people notice earlier if something is going on, like if someone is stabbed and they shout in middle of town so that everyone hears you, it would make it easier to track down escaping griefer with bow or knife.
Whisper also good if you need to give inherit for someone you trust, but don't want others to follow, you would be able to whisper to them your intentions without anyone noticing that you are going to drop the valuables to someone else.

Although, I think when it comes for inheriting as well, I think elderly should be able to switch their valuable bag to someone (adult, not just kids) with empty bag or empty back to fill in the newer character. It would be sort of a way of "bonding" with others before inevitable death. It's just a minor thing and would probably help when it comes for thieves.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#6 2018-12-11 22:57:36

Catfive

PeaGirl wrote:

I believe this would be very good idea. It would also help people notice earlier if something is going on, like if someone is stabbed and they shout in middle of town so that everyone hears you, it would make it easier to track down escaping griefer with bow or knife.
Whisper also good if you need to give inherit for someone you trust, but don't want others to follow, you would be able to whisper to them your intentions without anyone noticing that you are going to drop the valuables to someone else.

Although, I think when it comes for inheriting as well, I think elderly should be able to switch their valuable bag to someone (adult, not just kids) with empty bag or empty back to fill in the newer character. It would be sort of a way of "bonding" with others before inevitable death. It's just a minor thing and would probably help when it comes for thieves.

A literal passing on your belongings, I like it

Board footer