One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 15:10:13

Corbeno

How to kill a bear?

I bet this has been asked before, so I'm sorry if this is a repost.
A bear was attacking a very large village of ours, and everybody was trying to kill it with a bow. Every time somebody went to shoot it though, they would just drop dead. What's the best way to kill a bear and not die in the process?

#2 2018-03-17 15:13:56

Baker

Re: How to kill a bear?

You gotta shoot them with 3 arrows before they go down, I think feeding it mutton might help too.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#3 2018-03-17 15:18:12

EaterOfBerries

Shooting something with a bow is a crafting recipe like anything else. Therefore in order to shoot something you must be one tile away.

Bears move in predictable patterns. They stand still and target someone, then charge in their direction in a single movement.

You can very easily dodge a bear if you stand still when it is still, and then move, even just one tile, when it charges.

To shoot a bear, hold the bow and arrow and wait for it to charge. After it moves sidestep one or two tiles. As soon as it comes to a stop right click it to shoot it, and then move away.

You need three shots to kill it. Good luck.

#4 2018-03-17 21:03:24

Fencce7

Baker wrote:

You gotta shoot them with 3 arrows before they go down, I think feeding it mutton might help too.

If by mutton you mean that red meat-thing that it eats... Two bears came into town. One we could shoot, and the other we couldn't.
The other just sat and feasted on the mutton, and the bow 'n arrow didn't work - at all.
We had to wait for it to finish eating, and then shooting it.
Is that a bug or a in-game function??

#5 2018-03-18 20:29:01

Corbeno

EaterOfBerries wrote:

Shooting something with a bow is a crafting recipe like anything else. Therefore in order to shoot something you must be one tile away.

Bears move in predictable patterns. They stand still and target someone, then charge in their direction in a single movement.

You can very easily dodge a bear if you stand still when it is still, and then move, even just one tile, when it charges.

To shoot a bear, hold the bow and arrow and wait for it to charge. After it moves sidestep one or two tiles. As soon as it comes to a stop right click it to shoot it, and then move away.

You need three shots to kill it. Good luck.

Ah okay, thanks for the info!

Board footer