One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-30 08:16:48

RIKennedy

Eve Spawning Odd Behavior

I'm not entirely sure this is a bug but I've had some very odd eve spawns lately, ill explain:

1: Around 11/27 i was playing on server 7 with low pop. I spawned in as a baby to an eve who was about to die, after she died she spawned back in as an Eve at my position. We both thought it was strange, she fed me, killed herself, spawned in and again spawned at my position. Then I died and spawned back in at her, she died and spawned in at me, again.

2: 11/30 I was playing alone on server 14, spawned in at a large town, lived to 57 but died, purposefully before hitting 60 cause I had a base before on this server that I was trying to get back to and I didn't want my Eve spawn to take over that location (thinking I knew how Eve spawns worked). After dieing I spawned as an Eve just below the same town I just died in. I was thinking that it was weird, I quickly died again, spawned in and was just north of the same big base I just died in.

I died 4 times all around 16 -17 yrs old as Eve and each time spawned in right near the same exact town.

Is this normal or intended behavior?

Anyone else having things like this happen to them?

#2 2018-11-30 10:39:25

RIKennedy

Re: Eve Spawning Odd Behavior

It just happened on server 11 for me too, spawned in as Eve in a town/ entire swamp completely logged out. Die at 16yrs, spawn as eve in the same town, repeat, repeat repeat.

No matter what I do I spawn as Eve in that same area

#3 2018-12-02 04:03:30

RIKennedy

I was just spawning in on server 9, only 1 player is on server 9, an Eve who doesn't want a baby.

so, i die, and re-spawn at the same person, they still don't want a baby,
so, i die, and.... re-spawn at the same person, they still don't want a baby,

8 times in a row, may have happened more but i just gave up and went to another server.

After a couple times shouldn't I spawn in as an Eve myself? if so, this is not working...
if not, I think that after so many re-spawns the game should realize that this Eve doesn't want a baby and stop re-spawning me back at her and just make me an Eve.

#4 2018-12-02 14:21:37

tana

so there are several mechanics at work here :
- when the mother of a baby dies, the orphan baby is saved as spawn location for next eve to give a chance for the baby to get adopted to the new eve and to be able to play.

- theres no lineage ban in servers with less than 10 players. So if you use the suicide command you still will respawn to the same mother if she's the only one available and won't be on cooldown since the suicide command prevent her from it. If she doesn't want a baby, don't use the /die command, but rather go starve so she will be on cooldown and can't give birth to you.

- For the spawning as eve, it's a little more complicated. When you die of old age as eve, the nearest man made structure is saved as spawn location. So if you lost your eve spot by dying earlier and you land near another camp, then it most probably means your old spot is lost since it has been overwritten by the new spot. Also Jason has tightened the eve spawn spiral so that new eves will spawn somewhere around the last saved spot.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#5 2018-12-11 06:56:40

RIKennedy

Thank you so much for the info @tana super helpful and explains some of the odd spawning issues

I just want to add to this thread that today I spawned as an Eve stuck inside the end of the tutorial area.

Board footer