One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-08 01:17:56

Solbusaur

(Mildred Dragon) Pioneering the Industrial Revolution

In the first 40 years or so of my life, we cleaned up a city that had been slaughtered. It took time to get back to grips, with bones literally covering the farmland and forge. My mother died, Bear Dragon, and I wanted to finish a newcomen base I saw. I was completely new to this, and had to hurry as my time was running out.

First thing's first, the boiler had no pump in it. I had to get some rubber in order to finish it. It wasn't a long walk, but snakes did shorten my stay. I was rushing too much and completely forgot to get the sulphur. It took two firings, but I got the tire done, and therefore the boiler.
I fixed it onto the newcomen base, and went to find the rope that lingered in the sheep pen.
Great, now that's done, so now it's just the yew shaft and crude piston for the hammer!

Newcomen hammer was finished, and I also got some shafts ready for the interchangeable parts. It was a tedious walk from the pump to the hammer, but I got the water in the boiler with some charcoal, and fired up both the forge and hammer.
It was the first time I had used it, and it sounded and felt so awesome to use it. I knew I needed four wheels, but the hammer ran out of steam after the third. I was getting a bit panicky, seeing as my hair was already grey.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … nknown.png

Last part was getting the rubber and the final wheel, as well as the actual drilling part of the bore. Fire up the forge and hammer one last time, and start smithing a blade as well as the final wheel. File the blade, fit on the wheel and try to put on the blade. I forgot to get the rubber, and I already forgot where I got the rubber last. Even worse, I was in my last shrivelled state, I only had five years left.

I loaded up the horse cart with a bucket and two bowls, for kernels and sulphur.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png
My goal was in sight. I came home, narrowly avoiding the snakes, and managed to get the rubber all done in one firing. As my song was ending, I finished the newcomen bore mechanism and rejoiced! My work was done.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … height=614

So, I told everyone about how proud I was, and how now we could start thinking about kerosene. However, I should've expected that no one knew what the hell I had made. The update only came out a few hours ago. Still, great to experience this kind of stuff.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2018-12-08 08:41:12

gabal

Re: (Mildred Dragon) Pioneering the Industrial Revolution

Well done for managing to do it so soon after the update. Damn you working weekends, I can't wait to try the new stuff.

#3 2018-12-08 14:59:52

Ducky

I did the same in one town yesterday. I accomplished getting the hammer mechanism and the roller mechanism but when I was making the tire for the bore mechanism I died of connection loss and couldn’t finish but I left an apprentice who hopefully finished my job

#4 2018-12-08 19:52:19

Floofy

gabal wrote:

Well done for managing to do it so soon after the update. Damn you working weekends, I can't wait to try the new stuff.

Lol same thing here, i work this saturday. Plenty of time to browse forums at work, but can't play xD

Board footer