One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 21:49:30

Solbusaur

Goose town massacre

Was anyone in the goose-cult town earlier today? There was so much crazy shit that happened there.

I was Missy http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2269527 only a few hours before. I wanted to get cows so I could practise making milkpaint, and got some butter out of doing so. It got some attention, so I thought I'd joke about a higher being providing his holy milk through a mortal being, and how I was the prophet that spoke and provided on his behalf. I thought it was funny, some people were actually following this Milky Way cult. That life was pretty normal, and funny, and coming to the end of my life I go north to the corn patch. I see a goose body on a stump running while its head was cut off. I had seen it earlier that life, but this time, there were people praising it. My disciples were trying to preach against it, so I joined in. I recorded my religion down and taunted them saying that mine would last, as it was written down. Then I die with my last holy words.

Fast forward a few generations, I'm born into the middle of whatever the fuck this is
unknown.png
As it turns out, the goose cult had thrived and fallen with different priests and a whole shrine within the few hours I had been away from that town. I was baffled. There was murder EVERYWHERE. It had the longest murder chain I've ever seen in all my time of playing. All because of some heresy over a goose. Also, all signs of the Milky Way had been erased. All the butter was taken far far away, and the note I wrote was lost forever. The only remaining evidence was the bucket of blue paint I made, and a note stating that anything to do with cows is satanism and blasphemy to the goose religion

I don't really know what to say about this really, but it was both hilarious seeing notes demonising the Milky Way and praising this one goose, and shocking to see so much blood everywhere.
unknown.png

Last edited by Solbusaur (2019-03-04 16:16:44)

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2018-12-06 21:57:11

karltown_veteran

Re: Goose town massacre

Horrible but oh so very funny tongue

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#3 2018-12-06 22:18:50

CrazyEddie

I caught the tail end of that (in fact, I think I'm the baby in the bottom left corner in that picture). I'm glad people had fun with it, but from my perspective it was just kinda silly... until it turned all stabby, and then it was just annoying. I assumed the people stabbing and being stabbed were basically all consenting to the roleplaying, so I'm not feeling sorry for them or angry at them... but I stayed away from it, and after all the bloodletting was done, things were a lot more quiet and productive.

I just kept my distance and started trying to clean up the town, which was in a totally shitty condition. It got easier to work on once the RPers and murderers and revenge killers were all dead, because they stopped crowding around the smithy and bakery.

Someone was hauling in eggs from the swamplands like a crazy person. There were probably a hundred of them, spread out all over the berry farm, cluttering up everything. You think milkweed seeds and dry beans are bad? This was worse. I'm not sure how much time I spent clearing out space again, but it was a lot, and it was annoying. I'm guessing this was part of the "goose cult" roleplaying going on, so [ shrug ].

Anyway, I think it's cool that stuff like this can just come out of nowhere at random and take on a life of its own. But for the people on the outside, not having fun with it as insiders, it can become pretty eye-rolling.

#4 2018-12-06 22:36:09

West

Been there as well. I was Hope Kane III, dedicated that life to smithing.
Someone tried to make another knife, I took the file to stop him. He then took the hammer.
A few minutes later he returned the hammer and got a free knife, since there was a spare one. I just cant stand wasting another steel for a blade when there is like ten knives around.

That life was good, the killing was crazy tho.

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#5 2018-12-07 11:43:35

Sasooli

Solbusaur wrote:

Also, all signs of the Milky Way had been erased. All the butter was taken far far away, and the note I wrote was lost forever. The only remaining evidence was the bucket of blue paint I made, and a note stating that anything to do with cows is satanism and blasphemy to the goose religion

Someone must have found the note and brought it back, because I just lived a life in that town and the note was there - but still being decried as blasphemy and moved out/back in by rival worshippers of the goose and milk. A huge room has been built to the west of the goose shrine and part of the wall painted blue, I assume with the paint you made Solbusaur.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2279423

#6 2018-12-07 20:26:03

TheoneKooZ

I was born in that town when the goose altar started, with no knowledge of the cow thing from before which is kind of a shame that it got supressed. At first it was all fun and all, there was a priest praising the goose and just rp'ing which was fine and people would be raised just knowing about the goose. It was just a lot of fun and silly because of the bugged goose. But then griefers and fun-killer started showing up trying to break the altar and murdering the priest or people around the goose which was really annoying since the goose religion was a free religion with no such thing as sacrifice or anything and the only heretics were the people trying to grief it, not the ones who didn't want anything to do with it. The kill chain you mention was mostly those griefers or the ''avengers'' getting killed while I would heal any innocent caught into that silly mess (I am the lady on horse and wool making more meds because of those said griefer).

On a side note, be careful "avengers" too many griefer-killers are killed on the spot. Most of those are usually standing still ready to explain their motives while murderers will try to go into hiding or avoid getting killed. Also, keep in mind that you have a quite a bit of time to kill them before they can do anything again.

Board footer