One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 20:31:23

jgtogi

Racist gang war ruins town

Yesterday I saw a group of blue wool shirts fighting a group of red wool shirts. The bloodz killed all the cryptz and lots of innocents got caught up in the process. When I came back after going to wilds because I didn't want to deal with this nonsense the whole town was dead. Generations of work lost to  a bunch of trolls lollygagging. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE PVP AND PVE SERVERS. This is getting to be bullshit.

#2 2018-12-06 20:45:04

lionon

Re: Racist gang war ruins town

If this are blue wool shirts vs. red wool shirts let them have their fun. It seems both sides voluntarily participated in this mini-game. If anybody starts to talk n-word-bullshit or nazi stuff in game, they deserve a curse, thats griefing (those only want to anger you)

I don't think the PvP mechanics are much interesting in this game and don't quite understand why those people don't play counterstrike or eve knows what. But shrug.

Sad as it sounds, if it wasn't about the shirt-fighters, that town would sooner or later have died never the less as most do... in the low player hours a generation of males / and or suiciding female noobs and over and out.

#3 2018-12-06 21:02:55

Floofy

asking for full on pvp war in this game, is a bit like asking counter strike devs for a hunger/farming/town building mecanics in CS GO. It makes very little sense lol

#4 2018-12-06 21:59:40

karltown_veteran

I get it must be frustrating... but to me that's really cool. It means society is developing, adapting, and establishing norms as Jason adds technology, which is supposedly what he wants from this game.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2018-12-07 01:19:50

Hiker170

The one thing in this game you must remember is that you can't control the actions of other players in this game. If you sit there thinking you all have the same goal you are just more likely to get frustrated by others. After all this is a online multiplayer game and there is no real set long term goal, other then the ones you set for yourself.

In this scenario most of them must of felt comfortable with the amount of food and clothing they had, even probably felt there was nothing for them to do. So who cares if they want to have a bit of fun carrying out a war like scenario. You could of even joined them and just created a spot where you would heal both sides or even just the innocent bystanders that got hurt creating a story of your own rather then falling into just production. It will let you enjoy the game for longer anyway.

#6 2018-12-07 03:09:12

Faro

Yee i wonder what happens when Industrial revolution hits... i mean guns and cannons are part of it... this will be a massaker. So i hope Jason does not add more ways to kill each other... i enjoy the teamwork and management part of the game. And killing each other is just contra productive for a society. And is most of the time Game Over for both players involved... Who wants that in a game where you build things for the future generations. It does not fit in here...

Hiker170 wrote:

The one thing in this game you must remember is that you can't control the actions of other players in this game. If you sit there thinking you all have the same goal you are just more likely to get frustrated by others. After all this is a online multiplayer game and there is no real set long term goal, other then the ones you set for yourself.

Shure you can not control the actions of other players.. But Jason as the Designer and Developer of the game can design the game in a way to give guidelines/options and also can control the gameflow like that. And this forum is used to communicate with him.

If we want to experience a game where we are successfully climbing a technology tree as a soiciety together. Than we dont need guns or ways to kill each other. We need ways to organize and communicate in a better way than chat bubbles. So we can manage a bigger group of people to work together... Cheers

Last edited by Faro (2018-12-07 03:30:25)

#7 2018-12-07 14:10:50

Hiker170

Faro wrote:

Shure you can not control the actions of other players.. But Jason as the Designer and Developer of the game can design the game in a way to give guidelines/options and also can control the gameflow like that. And this forum is used to communicate with him.

If we want to experience a game where we are successfully climbing a technology tree as a soiciety together. Than we dont need guns or ways to kill each other. We need ways to organize and communicate in a better way than chat bubbles. So we can manage a bigger group of people to work together... Cheers

You want to climb the tech tree as a society that overall is "your" goal one you set for yourself and hope others have as well. Doesn't mean it's exactly the same for other players, who may for example have already achieved top tier tech without you. Should these players just leave the game because they have reached your end goal. I would be a bit sad if they did, because then how would other players hope to reach that goal, when all you get is new players or even worse have no one to play with.

I agree with you that we don't need more ways to kill each other, but that is only how I feel about it because of the current state the game. If families were able to thrive in an almost unlimited way without any problems finding food, water and clothing then I might change my mind. This is what seemed like the case in this example, players having everything they needed and allowing themselves to live out some crazy fantasy. It's annoying because it is at the expense of other players who have worked hard to make sure they have those things, but I feel they also add to the liveliness and replayability of the game.

I tend to view this game as a social experiment of sorts, one where you have to get multiple people working together to try and better society. Doing this while trying to get those who just want to RP, kill everyone or just play selfishly adds depth to it. If we get are forced on to a track without any options what do we have as a player wants we reach the end? Do we just continue to hope Jason adds more content to the game or do we as players try to create our own game from the structure he has given us? This is the way a lot of game tend to fall end no new content and players leaving because they have done everything they can. By leaving the game open to being modded by other people he allows for it to have a continued lifespan like skyrim and other games do.

#8 2018-12-07 18:18:22

Faro

Hiker170 wrote:

You want to climb the tech tree as a society that overall is "your" goal

Yea this is how i understood the game. I believe that is also the vision Jason has. I just try to follow the guidelines he gives me and play the game in a productive way.

And climbing the techtree as a "whole" server is also a goal. We need to build infrastructure! Roads miles long that gives indicator for people where cities are.
Climbing it together with your famely in your one hour life can get repetitive for veterans but than you are just not creative enough for such a game... Or you dont have visions... Or maybe should take a break and wait patiently for new content.

But yea sorry for the argument... I dont talk directly to you in the sentense above.. its directed to everyone who is frustrated and just wants to kill the next player he sees big_smile.

I just wanted to clarify that Jason as the designer can influence people!

Offcourse there is always people who do the "bad" thing because they like it SOOO much. And there will also be Racist Gang Wars with Red against Blue... And thats fine... Stuff like this should be something special. A murder szene should happen once in a while. But not happen every live you life.

I guess the problem is that a lot of games are about killing. People are bored and tend to fall back to there habbits. Get creative guys! Be productive! I actally would be fine if he removes killing each other totally from his game.

#9 2018-12-07 19:41:53

lionon

BTW: People wearing red vs. people wearing blue is not "racism".

racism would be blondes vs. black haired.

Board footer