One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 18:12:44

Floofy

My longest Eve line so far

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2260808

Anddddd it was ended due to too few baby girls/stupid people sad

Erica Honor, gen 14, died at 60, but only had 1 girl.
Miracle Honor, gen 15, died at 50, but only had... 0 girls sad

Anyways this is fun, my lines are starting to do well. I finally realized my main "mistake" was neglecting to start towns near a desert. It seems really important to have a desert to start the town on, even if it means a bit less ponds/soil.

Last edited by Floofy (2018-12-06 18:13:21)

#2 2018-12-06 18:27:04

Gederian

Re: My longest Eve line so far

If a town is not close to lots of good temp tiles I will suicide because it has 0% chance of long term survival.

It used to be that without at least 10 ponds it was futile but now even three is OK if there are more in road building distance. Buckets were the real game changer.

Also, don't expect to beat the 288 record. That was done on an empty server by people coordinating on Discord and letting anyone not in their group die to avoid greifers.

#3 2018-12-06 18:28:15

JonySky
Website

there is no exact formula, if in the lineage there are griefers, murderers, new players or idiots, it will not matter where the place where your town starts ... it will not last more than 5 generations at the most

Ahh and I forget a typical case ... that in a critical generation females are not born ... only males ... that also destroys generations ... the place helps, but 70% is luck

Last edited by JonySky (2018-12-06 18:35:59)

#4 2018-12-06 18:35:54

Floofy

JonySky wrote:

there is no exact formula, if in the lineage there are griefers, murderers, new players or idiots, it will not matter where the place where your town starts ... it will not last more than 5 generations at the most

That is true. In this case, it doesn't seem like people were idiots, they simply got no girls sad

Also fun fact: I died at 36 due to a power outtage. At first i was pissed, but very strangely, the game made me respawn in that town as a baby when the power went back. So i was the gen 1 eve, and also gen 4 baani honor. I feel like this gave me a serious edge because i was able to do things in gen 4 that i could never have done as Eve. I was their smith and literally crafted every tools, made buckets, caught sheeps, made a pen, helped farm, helped with pies lol

#5 2018-12-06 18:38:17

Delaron

Haha poor Moon Moon died to scooby do?

Moon Honor
Daughter
20 years old
14 hours ago
Killed by Wolf
Final words: "Ruhroh"

#6 2018-12-06 19:38:57

Tarr
Banned

Getting a lasting lineage has always been a crap shoot. Basically, you are required for a bunch of rng to fall in together for the run to be lasting.

-Good players: Should be obvious but if all new people inherit a village it'll die due to no one understanding how to care for it. This was seen a lot on the first few days of steam where villages fell to ruin just by the luck of too many new people in one spot.

-Griefers: Slightly falls under the first category but if your family can't/won't protect itself they'll die off. I normally look at the ends of my lineages and can see where one or two bad eggs kill off the last females and ruin the run.

-The town/spot: If the area is bad you can't exactly expect things to last. My longest lineage of 61 presteam was in a small abandoned town but thankfully it was enough for the kids to expand out and keep going for 25 hours~.

-You don't get all boys: Can't even fix this. I've had Eve runs die due to bad rng of all boys. The most unfortunate part is even if your boys kill themselves you'll be on birth cooldown from 0-5 minutes so I just recommend praying for a girl.

-Girls are too new: Sometimes you just get girls who can't survive by themselves. This is a bunch of bad luck too but giving them clothes and force feeding them is your best bet.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2018-12-07 04:28:53

alphabetter

oh hey, I was roan, your grandson! I was the designated iron runner from the moment I could grab a basket, and brought back at least two stacks worth, before I got too old and realised I couldn't make another run. i gathered abode from the stumps that were around, but knew I couldn't finish the pen either, I was too old for even that. so I gave the bp my mother had gave me in my teens to an abandoned lil boy in town that I had fed and cared for when he had cried for food with no women around but stayed on the desert tile he was placed on, and told him my last words before running off to die to save food for the village. glad to see it made it so far! it had a good start, and you being able to return makes things awesome!

i used to name my kids alphabetically. now i just... dont play anymore.

#8 2018-12-07 11:46:16

Sasooli

I was there at the end of this line - I posted about it here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4716

Yeah, getting no girls and just knowing the town is about to die sucks.

#9 2018-12-07 14:44:43

Floofy

alphabetter wrote:

oh hey, I was roan, your grandson! I was the designated iron runner from the moment I could grab a basket, and brought back at least two stacks worth, before I got too old and realised I couldn't make another run. i gathered abode from the stumps that were around, but knew I couldn't finish the pen either, I was too old for even that. so I gave the bp my mother had gave me in my teens to an abandoned lil boy in town that I had fed and cared for when he had cried for food with no women around but stayed on the desert tile he was placed on, and told him my last words before running off to die to save food for the village. glad to see it made it so far! it had a good start, and you being able to return makes things awesome!

hahaha that's funny because if you look at my earlier post, i stated i made almost all the iron tools and "made a pen". Well yea, there was like 20 adobe there. Never understood why wink And there was plenty of iron. Good job smile

#10 2018-12-07 14:46:27

Floofy

Sasooli wrote:

I was there at the end of this line - I posted about it here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4716

Yeah, getting no girls and just knowing the town is about to die sucks.

Damn that sucks. I kinda figured the line probably died for that reason, since its almost always the reason sad

Board footer