One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 12:45:08

Tramax

Suggestion: Eye movement

As the title says, people should be able to tell where you're considering clicking by the direction your eyes point. There should be more than 9 places the pupils are located as well as instead of being sprites for the direction code receiving the coordinates of the cursor should be able to indicate something like north of north west very easily.

It would make initiating a conversation easier than running after them yelling their name, you could see a murderous glance from someone with a weapon a bit easier and you also can give directions on how to build something by looking at the item on the ground that's the next step so you don't have to leave your warm tile to stand over it and say "this one - where I'm standing". I guess if someone is using the spacebar feature they can squint as well - to indicate that they're not looking in their immediate vicinity.

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#2 2018-12-06 12:56:21

Booklat1

Re: Suggestion: Eye movement

a lot of things in this game should give us more information, like graves should be split into baby and adult graves and murder graves should maybe show the cause of death (stabbing or arrow).

I like this idea of yours, it falls into adding more information. In a game where commmunication is so hard this can help a bit.

#3 2018-12-06 13:07:36

lionon

It would be nice, but two issues:

My guess it would make server bandwidth skyrocket as client/server instead of only telling each other but clicks and actual in game movement would have to tell each other about mouse movements. There is way more mousemove than clicking and even if you reduce it only to update each other to say once every 2 seconds it's still about double the bandwith.

Second issue, this is not going to be touchscreen friendly in case jason plans to bring out a mobile client in any future that play on the same servers.

#4 2018-12-06 14:58:28

PsyKick

lionon wrote:

It would be nice, but two issues:

My guess it would make server bandwidth skyrocket as client/server instead of only telling each other but clicks and actual in game movement would have to tell each other about mouse movements. There is way more mousemove than clicking and even if you reduce it only to update each other to say once every 2 seconds it's still about double the bandwith.

Second issue, this is not going to be touchscreen friendly in case jason plans to bring out a mobile client in any future that play on the same servers.

Completely agree. If the servers or bandwith were upgraded, then I would be all in for eye movement. It would need constant mousemovement variables to be fired, and could be quite glitchy but would be super cool.

Board footer