One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 06:02:24

Floofy

Question about respawning in your town

So first of all, as a disclaimer, i was fully aware that the dev thinks its more fun to not play in the same civ again and hop from civ to civ. I fully respect that play style and understand it can be fun. However after maybe 200 hours into the game, i sometimes wish i could help my line not die out.

So far, i mostly was able to do this by hoping my line can survive 90 minutes whitout me and then i join them back after my lineage ban ends. But today, i got lucky in my bad luck... i was a 25 years old eve (Eve Honor) and we had a very nice camp setup with good kids... and suddenly... my power went out. 10 minutes later, my power comes back and guess what.... I RESPAWN IN THE SAME TOWN.

Does this mean its a good idea to suicide at 29 in order to stay longer in your town?

Also, i heard if u set an home marker, and die at 60, ur supposed to be able to respawn there as an eve. But for some reasons, it doesn't seem to work for me, except one time. Do i need to suicide like 20+ times?

Thanks

#2 2018-12-06 06:25:36

CrazyEddie

Re: Question about respawning in your town

It's been reported that "die of old age and then respawn as an eve in the same camp" only works if you first spawned as an eve, and only one time. I don't know if anyone has verified this by looking at the source code.

#3 2018-12-06 06:58:21

Floofy

CrazyEddie wrote:

It's been reported that "die of old age and then respawn as an eve in the same camp" only works if you first spawned as an eve, and only one time. I don't know if anyone has verified this by looking at the source code.

Maybe i'm stupid but you need to explain what you mean. You mean it will work a single time and then never work again? I do remember it did happen to me ONCE.

#4 2018-12-06 07:04:12

lionon

As I understand it, it will only work for the original eve.

Other eves that happen to "respawn" in the same town might be just of the eve-spiral hitting that town by chance I guess.

#5 2018-12-06 07:12:39

Floofy

lionon wrote:

As I understand it, it will only work for the original eve.

Other eves that happen to "respawn" in the same town might be just of the eve-spiral hitting that town by chance I guess.

I mean, i played as eve a tons of games and i rarely actually respawn in these towns. There must something to it.

Today i was eve of Honor: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2260808

I failed to respawn there.

#6 2018-12-06 08:04:30

Tramax

lionon wrote:

100% of the times I've tried really hard to die of old age as an Eve the next time I've been an Eve I've spawned in a city so it's not just the spiral.

Last edited by Tramax (2018-12-06 10:52:44)

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#7 2018-12-06 09:43:21

Three

every eve that dies of old age sets a place for an evespawn, so even if you died of old age in YOUR camp can mean you spawn on some othere eves deathplace, that is why you spawn in civs, it can work forever as long as you die of old age as an eve

#8 2018-12-06 10:09:11

Tarr
Banned

Basically in the very simplest terms - Eve dies of old age so she spawns in a town where others have died.

There's a whole bunch of things that end up changing which city you spawn to (which city has had the longest living lineage, the level of tech, how many people have died there of old age) all three of those raise the chances of spawning into a specific town.

Having a home marker in town DOES NOT matter when it comes to respawning to an area. It instead allows you to inherit a free marker like a child would when it is born to a home marker on screen.

The only time you are 100% guaranteed to spawn back to a specific location is if playing solo on an empty server, otherwise you are at the mercy of the games spawn mechanics. I've personally hit the same village 7 times back to back to back and other times I can't even get two lineages in the same place.

If Eve prefers to be feral she should always kill herself before hitting 60 while Eves who prefer to spawn into cities should always die of old age. Also, each server requires you to hit 60 should you want a city spawn on said specific server. For example: My server 1 + 2 eve spawns are both city spawns while the other 13 can be used to play as a feral if I should like.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2018-12-06 18:37:12

Floofy

Also how do you guys explain i got a power outtage at 36, and managed to respawn in that town very shortly after. How does it work?

#10 2018-12-06 19:10:40

gabal

If the server had fewer then 50 (?) people playing lineage ban doesn't work.

#11 2018-12-06 19:14:26

Floofy

gabal wrote:

So playing on a server with fewer than 50 people could allow me to bypass that right? Any idea which servers usually are below 50, but not empty?

Edit: I answered my own questions: http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report
So atm, it seems like none of the servers would truly allow me to do that lol

Last edited by Floofy (2018-12-06 19:24:55)

#12 2018-12-06 19:24:26

Tarr
Banned

Floofy wrote:
gabal wrote:

So playing on a server with fewer than 50 people could allow me to bypass that right? Any idea which servers usually are below 50, but not empty?

Lineage ban kicks in around 10~15 if I remember correctly more leaning towards 10. The 50 thing is related to how long the lineage ban lasts.

Basically >50 players the lineage ban is at its max (90 minutes played time iirc) while every player under that count lowers the ban timer until you finally hit <10 where the lineage doesn't come into effect even if you murder, /die, etc.

Floofy wrote:

Also how do you guys explain i got a power outtage at 36, and managed to respawn in that town very shortly after. How does it work?

Was it to the same family? The only way to make it back after 30+ is for two lineages to be in the town or you to be off lineage ban.

So I'd say you were likely born to a second family line in the town but obviously I can't be for sure.

Last edited by Tarr (2018-12-06 19:26:38)

fug it’s Tarr.

#13 2018-12-06 19:29:16

Floofy

Tarr wrote:
Floofy wrote:
gabal wrote:

Lineage ban kicks in around 10~15 if I remember correctly more leaning towards 10. The 50 thing is related to how long the lineage ban lasts.

Basically >50 players the lineage ban is at its max (90 minutes played time iirc) while every player under that count lowers the ban timer until you finally hit <10 where the lineage doesn't come into effect even if you murder, /die, etc.

Floofy wrote:

Was it to the same family? The only way to make it back after 30+ is for two lineages to be in the town or you to be off lineage ban.

So I'd say you were likely born to a second family line in the town but obviously I can't be for sure.

its really odd. Here is the line:
This is me as Baani (that's when i reconnected): http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2261680
This is me as Eve, i had a power outtage: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2260808

Maybe the server had fewer than 50 and the age 36 was actually considered to not be enough to the ban???

#14 2018-12-06 19:32:07

Tarr
Banned

Eve isn't locked to a lineage as she starts it. As Eve you are able to be born to your own children so this is why you were able to spawn back to your lineage without facing the ban.

fug it’s Tarr.

#15 2018-12-06 19:36:15

Floofy

Tarr wrote:

Eve isn't locked to a lineage as she starts it. As Eve you are able to be born to your own children so this is why you were able to spawn back to your lineage without facing the ban.

But why is it i usually can't do that? Is it the same rule if i died of old age? Its the first time i managed to be born to my own childrens.

#16 2018-12-06 19:41:12

Tarr
Banned

Floofy wrote:
Tarr wrote:

But why is it i usually can't do that? Is it the same rule if i died of old age? Its the first time i managed to be born to my own childrens.

You have to remember that there are a bunch of families and women you can be born to on a server. Old age only matters as Eve and that only goes as far to make sure you spawn into another village. Sometimes old age Eves return to the same village over and over, or other times they'll just be sent to different villages each Eve life.

Best bet is to always reach old age as Eve so you have that chance to return home and help your family.

fug it’s Tarr.

#17 2018-12-07 14:53:57

Floofy

Tarr wrote:
Floofy wrote:
Tarr wrote:

You have to remember that there are a bunch of families and women you can be born to on a server. Old age only matters as Eve and that only goes as far to make sure you spawn into another village. Sometimes old age Eves return to the same village over and over, or other times they'll just be sent to different villages each Eve life.

Best bet is to always reach old age as Eve so you have that chance to return home and help your family.

I actually understood what happened in my shower. I was eve and 36 years old, which means i only played in that line for 22 minutes, so of course, no lineage ban. When i die of old age at 60, it seems like the lineage ban kicks in.

Board footer