One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-05 17:18:06

dragonmantank

Issues with multiple monitors on Linux

I'm having a few resolution and pointer issues.

I am using Fedora 29, with three 1920x1080 monitors. When launching the game, either using the Linux binary or using the Github source, the game stretches across all three monitors. Using ALT+ENTER gets me out of "full screen", but the window is exactly the same size as before (5760x1080), and the window cannot be resized down to anything smaller.

Along these same lines, the active area for the buttons is off. For example, the [SETTINGS] button cannot be clicked unless you go over to the left monitor and find the actual active area. It looks like the button trigger areas are based on ratios of the screen, and the multi-monitor setup throws it off.

The game itself also seems to only use the center area/monitor when playing. I logged in, and the actual tutorial part it starts you in only took over my center monitor, the left and right monitors were just completely black.

If there's an easy way to just stop it being 100% of the screen, I'd be fine.

#2 2018-12-05 17:34:34

dragonmantank

Re: Issues with multiple monitors on Linux

Update:

Found the thread (https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4271) where there were issues with ultrawide monitor issues, and this looks like the same thing. The game is detecting multiple monitors as one giant monitor according to the logs.

I had to go into settings and change "fullscreen.ini" to 0. The game now loads up in a properly sized window, but it looks like it's not respecting the "screenHeight.ini" or "screenWidth.ini" if I change them. At the very least though, the game runs in window mode and is playable for the moment.

Board footer