One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-04 07:16:12

dangergirl713

Is there a way to spawn into an old camp?

I created a gorgeous city on server 13 but for some reason I died to starvation at age 59. Is there a way I can spawn into the city again? I was using the custom server feature. I put a lot of work into the city so it would be nice to spawn into it again.

#2 2018-12-04 13:23:19

wolfgang

Re: Is there a way to spawn into an old camp?

Just if people are still alive there, you could keep doing /die when you spawn elsewhere until you spawn where you want again.

#3 2018-12-04 13:25:25

lionon

Since server 13 is hardly used the eve spiral is likely very small and you start quite close to your previous base. On my private server I always spawn within 1 minute of walking distance to my base. However only since I know in what direction to walk since I can see my absolute cords in the log of the server. So unless you happen to find it by walking in a spiral yourself, no way to refind it.

#4 2018-12-04 14:23:35

Floofy

Apparently its "more fun" to never be able to contribute to the same city again. /s
But seriously, if you die at age 60, and put an home marker there, there is a chance you spawn there again. I sometimes was an eve in dead towns.

#5 2018-12-04 14:44:57

wolfgang

I have spawned into the same town many times. Once three lives in a row I kept spawning into the same town, which made things way easier to keep contributing. If the town has a bell tower or evolves to the point of having one you can try to travel back to it if you are not massively far. Furthest I have traveled to a bell town is about 4 km. Left with a basket of mutton pies and tried to forage as much as I could rather than eat said pies.

#6 2018-12-04 14:51:31

dangergirl713

I was able to spawn over and over at the same place as long as I died of old age and made the home marker there. That's how I was able to advance the camp so much. Oh well. I learned so much about resource planning and new skills at the camp so it's sad that I lost it. Guess I'll just build a new one. Thanks!

#7 2018-12-04 15:05:28

lionon

dangergirl713 wrote:

I was able to spawn over and over at the same place as long as I died of old age and made the home marker there. That's how I was able to advance the camp so much. Oh well. I learned so much about resource planning and new skills at the camp so it's sad that I lost it. Guess I'll just build a new one. Thanks!

I suggest making your own private server, top posting.

#8 2018-12-04 17:00:08

Three

making your own private server is hard and you can still get the full expirience on an empty official server

#9 2018-12-04 17:31:56

CrazyEddie

Making your own private server is easy now, if you're using Windows, thanks to Awbz.

Go to https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/releases/latest

Download the win_full package

Unzip it

Go to the "server" folder, right-click on "runServer.bat" and choose "Run as administrator"

In the game client, connect to localhost

That's all there is to it!

In the settings folder under the server folder, there are a bunch of configuration files that you can edit to control things like whether or not you randomly spawn, whether you always spawn in the same place, where exactly you spawn, etc.

You won't get to interact with other players (unless you invite them to join you on your private server and open up port forwarding on your router), but you can live life after life after life in the same camp by yourself and practice your civilization-building skills, if that's what you're interested in.

#10 2018-12-04 19:34:55

wolfgang

CrazyEddie wrote:

Making your own private server is easy now, if you're using Windows, thanks to Awbz.

Go to https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/releases/latest

Download the win_full package

Unzip it

Go to the "server" folder, right-click on "runServer.bat" and choose "Run as administrator"

In the game client, connect to localhost

That's all there is to it!

In the settings folder under the server folder, there are a bunch of configuration files that you can edit to control things like whether or not you randomly spawn, whether you always spawn in the same place, where exactly you spawn, etc.

You won't get to interact with other players (unless you invite them to join you on your private server and open up port forwarding on your router), but you can live life after life after life in the same camp by yourself and practice your civilization-building skills, if that's what you're interested in.

Ah I didn't know it was quite that easy. Might do that later myself as I have only ever spawned as an eve once when I was brand new and would like to experience some how starting alone in the middle of nowhere goes. Obviously it'll be a bit harder without children and such but I can finally do trial and error stuff without interference or ruining stuff other players have done.

#11 2018-12-04 20:08:29

lionon

Starting as eve on official servers is easy, either just hardcode one of the less used servers (server[X].onehouronelife.com) in the settings, see http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report for current usage) and/or keep typing "/die" until you are lineage banned for all family trees currently running, then you will be respawned as eve.

Board footer