One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-01 14:49:03

BlueDiamondAvatar

Questions about spawning and world persistance

Hi all,
Steam tells me I've played over 150 hours on this game, but I'm still a slow newbie in some areas.

How does the game select your next spawn position? 

I've been respawning in the same town, sometimes to the same mom, a lot more often in the past three days.  Did something change in the code, along with the water updates?

I've also had more Eve spawns where I find the remains of a village or camp, is that new or am I just now noticing it?

Also, are there ever server resets where the world is wiped back to pristine?  I got the impression this happens from something i read somewhere, but clearly that didn't happen with the recent water pump update.

Thanks in advance for your insight, wise elders of OHOL

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#2 2018-12-01 17:53:24

hailey

Re: Questions about spawning and world persistance

Jason has made the spawn gap between eves smaller so you are more likely to run into other eves and/or have civilizations closer to gather. Spawing is random but I’ve had cases like that where I’d spawn multiple times to the same mother/town. You don’t get lineage banned until 30 years of age or from being murdered/killing someone.

To my knowledge there is no set date, times, etc... when it comes to sever resets. They used to be more common but he hasn’t done one in a while. More than likely they would happen during an update. Whenever he feels it’s nessesary

| Eve Willow |

#3 2018-12-01 18:12:06

BlueDiamondAvatar

Re: Questions about spawning and world persistance

hailey wrote:

You don’t get lineage banned until 30 years of age or from being murdered/killing someone.

Thank you hailey, that's the key info I  was missing.  There was one struggling town where I'd interact enough to have a sense of story arc, but then starve somewhere between 10 and 25, and end up coming back.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

Board footer