One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-29 01:39:49

Rebel

Disown Family

Was thinking about lineage and surnames and such, And would really like a way where we could create a new family line mainly because I want to see different surnames about the town.

Just saying something like "I disown my family" or just saying "I am *insert surname here*" which sets your surname, but not your family tree and everyone then becomes "distant relative" apart from your mum and siblings who will remain "mum" "sister" "brother" "uncle" "aunt"

Then all your kids take your surname.

This will allow us to be better families in long line villages,  For some reason, I don't roleplay much with my "sixth cousin, 4 removed" then I do with my mum uncles and siblings

Also having the ability to name yourself after a job you are doing or want your family to do may help alot, EG naming yourself "baker" or "smith" and then once your kids kids grow up they can change again.

For the first for generations of a town the surnames likely won't change.

I know people have been asking for "titles" but IRL surnames where used to mark professions, hence why we have Smiths, baker, Coopers. sometimes surnames where locations or even descriptions.

Let me know what you guys think, just want more roleplaying that also adds something to the game without adding content.

Last edited by Rebel (2018-11-29 01:44:11)

#2 2018-11-29 01:49:55

Sirryan

Re: Disown Family

I feel like keeping the last name is important, but piggybacking off your idea a middle name would be really cool.

Birth. Eat Berries. Bake Mutton Pies. Die. Repeat.

#3 2018-11-29 02:57:40

Ellesanna

It would be cool to be dubbed something like Hope "Baker" Lee and then have your kids be 'Samuel Baker.' This could have new families exist in one village easier and allow for things like marriage and fathers to exist without worry of incest- as you wouldn't be considered related anymore.

#4 2018-11-29 06:43:50

lionon

Yes a self picked middlename would be cool! (wouldn't inherit it, and yes it could be used mostly as a job desc announcement)

Please put it on reddit suggestions.

Board footer