One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-28 01:18:10

Sirryan

Nostalgic Reflections

One thing I really love about this game is how quickly you get nostalgic once you're in the final stages of life. I've found the majority of my most memorable moments were when I was in my mid to late '50s barely hanging on.

In fact, I just finished a full life a few minutes before writing this. In that life, I was birthed to a booming but not yet bustling village by a young mother name emerald. I went through life living and making compost and pies for my people, in fact, that's most of what I did. I'd been fine-tuning my baking and farming skills and was proud of my work. Me and two other guys fed the entire town. we filled at least 2 boxes with baskets of pies(that's an achievement for me) in the span of 10 minutes and did it again later. Although after a while I was constantly hungry and tired, my body withering before me.

I was finished doing the work for my village and my frail old body to useless to bake any more mutton pies or make any more compost. I took one last walk down memory lane throughout the village and reflected on everything I made, everything I did for the furtherment of our society. Then in my last 3 minutes of life, I sat with the other elders thanking them for their sacrifices and old work and it amazed me just how connected I was to this village in less than one hour.

It was sad to realize that it took almost all my life to put away the hustle and bustle of survival and village life to think about the friends I made and thank all of them, thank my mom and caregivers too. It's funny how at the very fringes of life you learn that this game isn't all about survival, crafting, and exploring it's about building communities, families, and relationships, in fact, it's an important life lesson. I've never been able to connect with so many players in such a way in any other game before. This is what makes this game so unique and special to me.

Birth. Eat Berries. Bake Mutton Pies. Die. Repeat.

#2 2018-11-28 01:27:29

CrazyEddie

Re: Nostalgic Reflections

Well said. I believe this is exactly the experience that Jason wanted to convey.

#3 2018-11-28 01:46:10

Ellesanna

I feel the exact same way. Its very fulfilling to watch the town bustle with life you've helped sustain and create and reflect upon your time in your short blip of a lifespan and think upon all that has happened in your home and those you've watched passed and will soon join. I love it when people write about their experiences here on the forums too and connect with people that way.

#4 2018-11-28 22:51:35

Sirryan

I feel like it would be really cool if there was a live chat after death with everyone who had been in that generation in it. Like you die and you could talk to all your ancestors and eventually your own children.

Birth. Eat Berries. Bake Mutton Pies. Die. Repeat.

Board footer