One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-27 21:27:44

Ellesanna

Baby Slings

It is near impossible to get much done while nurturing a child, especially in the early stages of building a town! What would help an Eve more than just about anything else would be a simple to craft sling similar to a reed basket, allowing for her to carry her offspring on her back while running around collecting resources freely with her hands. Do you know how much more efficient things would be for a mom to start up a town able to carry her child AND a basket of precious resources?! A LOT.

Thoughts and ideas?

My Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … by_slings/

#2 2018-11-28 01:00:14

daenerys

Re: Baby Slings

I wouldn't say it is impossible. However, it is extremely difficult and you have to be an experienced player to manage a child and a job effectively.  I'm not sure about baby slings, because if you make a backpack (which is totally doable as an eve, I do it all the time) you can carry resources there and carry a bb in your arms.
BUT
I would love to be able to put a baby in a backpack instead of four objects so I could carry maple branches AND a baby.  I don't think the bb should feed while in bag but it would be nice if bag kept baby at a warmish temp so you have a bit of time between feedings.

Last edited by daenerys (2018-11-28 01:00:47)

#3 2018-11-28 01:09:09

Ellesanna

My idea for a reed sling instead of a backpack is that babies start popping out the moment you spawn in as an eve and when you need to use all your time wisely and effectively you either need to tell your one year old to follow you around and pray they don't get lost or be too slow- as again, you''re on a time limit- or just abandon all your kids to death until you've got the backpack over ten years later. This idea doesn't appeal to me very much and I just feel that having a simple sling be made available as a simple craft that works similar to a backpack but only used for babies would be handy and helpful for those starting off and towns with loads of working moms and not enough backpacks to go around. We could compromise and have it so backpacks can function as slings as well, just have the reed sling have low durability or something where they decay after 5+ years. They are made of reeds after all and have to carry the stress of a growing baby.

#4 2018-11-28 04:25:56

lionon

As I understood, baby slings are a pretty old request. Anyway, I'd like them as an alternative to a backpack (so either carry a baby or 4 items).

#5 2018-11-28 16:25:52

Jadelink

Various versions certainly existed historically, and for a good reason (as we now know all too well).

#6 2018-11-28 20:46:27

hailey

We’ve brought this up before and I think this would be a wonderful addition to the game, especially now. Before the stream release it wasn’t such a tough task getting your child to sit still on a perfect temp tile. I’ve noticed with all of the new players they constantly want to run around as babies and expect you to feed them the second their first bar drops off.  they are a bit needy at the moment lol! Of course this is after I have explained to them the importance of finding a good temperature, I wouldn’t expect them to know beforehand.  I find it nearly impossible to get things done as a fertile female with three children screaming “F” every two seconds because their freezing cold. So some sort of sling would be a huge benefit and it would be nice for the baby also,being able to see the town without the worry of not finding its mother to feed it

| Eve Willow |

Board footer