One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-26 21:20:04

lionon

Bell is ringing -- how far is that really away?

Okay finally, server 2 got currently a working bell tower. Also been in that town. Nice.

Anyway after a successful life fixing the sheep pen and only dieing a little early trying to munch an uncooked pie in the last seconds... I got reborn in another village as a girl, and dang, the bell rang soon after. I decided I'd try and it would be awesome to join that family line over there... it said 14k. No idea how much that is. At the age 5 I started to "borrow" a basket put in a pie (cooked this time) and off I ran into the far west. I could have stolen a horse cart, but that would in my opinion been too much griefing on the village. The basket and the pie were enough "borrowing". At the age of 15 or so I was on 13k. And on the age of 30 on 12k (I had two yellow fever accidents  costing time). Then two boys started popping out, which I in total evil dedication to the west-goal just ran away from, westwards. At the age of 35 I was still on 12k until I collided with a boar with no doctor-mosquitoes near enough. Anyway, even there I thought I had little chance to wait for a girl and suggest her to continue the go-west mission.

How far would have been feasible in a life-time had I stolen a horse?

#2 2018-11-26 21:24:15

lionon

Re: Bell is ringing -- how far is that really away?

PS: The village I was previously in, had 18k distance (I stayed though doing some chores). Another try after that one as an Eve I started "just" 11k away. However I had to wait well into her thirties until the bell rang, and it was south. South travelling is far more dangerous as westward, due to screen format...

#3 2018-11-26 21:25:28

Tarr
Banned

Re: Bell is ringing -- how far is that really away?

General rule of thumb is < 3k distance is walking distance to a town while 8-9k is about your max limit on horseback. If your goal is to be fertile when arriving at the town (with some time to spare) you should only be riding out 6-7k.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer