One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 23:31:58

zekigames

** Advanced civilization with rejuvenation machine **

Note: The message has been translated with an online translator

I have a great idea for the game.

The game is incredible and very fun, but I think there's a little bit of a problem, and that's that as the name implies,"One Hour One Life", I know it's the purpose of the game that you only have about an hour to live and then die of old age.

My idea is not to add more life time (in the beginning), but when you have or are in a very advanced civilization (with robots and futuristic things like in the trailer) you can build a machine that edits your genes and becomes a young person again, but as it is obvious that it is not a machine that is very easy to build and that few civilizations achieve it, in addition to the need for a substance that is also scarce, it could be added that the machine deteriorates over time or that instead of having only one hour more life than 3 hours (etc).

It's a great idea is like the fountain of eternal youth but very few can get it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL MESSAGE

Tengo una gran idea para el juego.

El juego es increíble y muy divertido, pero creo que hay un pequeño problema y es que como su nombre indica "One Hour One Life", ya se que es el propósito del juego que solo tengas una hora de vida aproximadamente y luego mueras de vejez.

Mi idea no es agregar más tiempo de vida (al principio), sino que cuando tengas o estés en una civilización muy avanzada (con robots y cosas futuristas como en el trailer) puedas construir una maquina que edites tus genes y te conviertas en una persona joven nuevamente, pero que no sea una maquina muy fácil de construir y que pocas civilizaciones lo logren, además de que se necesite una sustancia que también sea escasa de conseguir, a eso se le podría agregar que la maquina se vaya deteriorando con el tiempo o que en vez de tener solo una hora mas de vida que sean 3 horas.

Es una gran idea es como la fuente de la eterna juventud pero que muy pocos pueden conseguir.

Last edited by zekigames (2018-03-16 23:46:08)

#2 2018-03-16 23:36:50

Left4twenty

Re: ** Advanced civilization with rejuvenation machine **

Maybe someday, I think it is far more likely before that that well run into aspects of the game that will shorten the lifespan.  Think smoking, drinking, And overeating in real life

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#3 2018-03-16 23:54:41

Matok

Death By Diabetes

#4 2018-03-17 00:05:25

Left4twenty

Shouldn't have ate that whole berry pie all at once ^

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#5 2018-03-17 02:01:19

Casdir

I really like the idea of something like a time travel machine. Just something that allows you to either get young again, or to prolong your current life.

To have the option for this is what makes this a great concept.

Last edited by Casdir (2018-03-17 02:01:46)

#6 2018-03-17 02:41:06

jord1990

The whole point is that you have 1 hour to add to society though. Having a time machine that could keep making you younger would completly negate that.

#7 2018-03-17 03:05:51

zekigames

It would not be like a time machine, it would be a gene editing machine (crispr cas9) which would repair the DNA, lengthen the telomeres, eliminate the senescent cells. smile

The idea came to me through David Sinclair (Biologist) who has managed to reverse aging in rats, Ray Kurzweil (futurologist), Aubrey de Gray (Scientist), Liz Parrish.

Last edited by zekigames (2018-03-17 03:34:14)

#8 2018-03-17 03:13:22

Casdir

jord1990 wrote:

The whole point is that you have 1 hour to add to society though. Having a time machine that could keep making you younger would completly negate that.

That's what options are there for. If you only want to live 1 hour, then be it. Die. But if you want to live on, why not have the option for it? It's not gonna hurt anybody

Obviously it shouldn't be easy to be able to prolong your life through whatever means that may be. But just having the option alone would be neat.
It would add a nice goal to work towards to.

#9 2018-03-17 03:39:08

zekigames

Casdir wrote:
jord1990 wrote:

That's what options are there for. If you only want to live 1 hour, then be it. Die. But if you want to live on, why not have the option for it? It's not gonna hurt anybody

Obviously it shouldn't be easy to be able to prolong your life through whatever means that may be. But just having the option alone would be neat.
It would add a nice goal to work towards to.

That would be a good reason not to get bored quickly, have a goal and see how civilization advances.

Last edited by zekigames (2018-03-17 03:52:32)

#10 2018-03-17 03:40:23

Twinsen

This idea is like we play a character that reaches modern age and so our character is playing 1H1L.

#11 2018-03-17 07:08:19

Go! Bwah!

It could even be a suspended-animation machine, where you can quit and come back hours or days later.

It will be interesting to see if the game ever gets to that point.  It'll take a giant pyramid of players to support that one player; will your average carrot farmer keep working because he dreams of becoming that person, or will he just keep quitting and replaying until he gets born to the family?  (Which is essentially walking off the job and if enough people do it, the pyramid will collapse.)

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#12 2018-03-17 20:02:01

zekigames

I would like to know the opinion of Jason Rohrer, what is your username or email?

Board footer