One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 17:58:47

MoonPuppy

Your favourite life so far

I went looking for the old thread of good stories, but I could not find it. So let us start a new one.

Today, I was born to my mother collecting rabbits. At first I was worried she would abandon me. but we careufl moved home collecting rabbits and eating where we could. The village had a lot of stuff, but was very very small. maybe 5 people. I grew by the fire, pleased. Some brothers and sisters spawned. And when I was old enough my grandmother made me promise I would tend to the farm, she then passed away. I donned her clothes and made towards the farm.
Nothing was watered and I was too young to leave. We had no waterpouches and only bowls. I collected the few carrots we had and then once old enough grabbed my basket and started south, my cousin had told me that would be where the water was. It took me some time but I found some near dry wells. Brought a little back.
Again out I wandered, finding a huge village. I brought back some cfurs, some food. No water pouches still. I returned, looking for a younger member to show the bounty I had found. No such luck, we were few. All I wanted was someone to leave my knowledge too.
More wandering and I found the dead villages water supply, finally bringin back water skins I found that my mothher was old, near death. She made pies for me and my brother, the only two left. We tended the farm, me trodding south to the water and he gathering. We had so many carrots and nobody to leave the farm too.
Our waterskins full, I decided I would travel north. WE had no idea what was north. I told my brother and brought my cart with some food. I gathered some berries and found a huge path I remembered from a previous memory. They was a huge farm and people! I wandering into the village, requesting any free women that wanted a change of scenary. THey were none who could be spared. Getting old now I lamented, trotted on back to my vilage to gather clothes and bring my brother.
THe farm was empty, no longer was he milling around the farm. I wondered if he had gone to get water but the empty water pouches lay besides the fields. I collected the clothes I could and started back to the new village, determined to gift them the clothes they were lacking. I dropped the clothes off and made my trip back to my home.
I found my brothers body on the way. He must have gotten old and tried to follow me. I considered gathering his clothes up but decided to continue back to my village, I needed food. I grabbed a bowl of carrots and lo a women and daughter appeared! An eve.
I quickly told this Eve i knew a big village, not wanting her to be alone on our old land. And led her and her child, stopping at berry bushes and allowing her the carrots.
It was a large trip and I could see myself getting old. The Eve and hre child followed diligently. And hence we made it to the big village. I quickly told her where I had lived, that we had died out. She thanked me as I passed away into the black screen ready to start again.

I hope you are well Eve and Daughter. I hope you have many generations that I could not.

Board footer