#1 2018-11-13 01:25:10

Starknight_One

Just posted this guide over on Steam

The Berry Bush Song

It's all explained there. And I'm sorry in advance. smile

#2 2018-11-13 01:39:34

Fetch

Re: Just posted this guide over on Steam

Sweet, now if you could make one about 'please leave a row of carrots to go to seed' that'd be great!

#3 2018-11-13 02:04:16

Starknight_One

Fetch wrote:

Sweet, now if you could make one about 'please leave a row of carrots to go to seed' that'd be great!

Ah, The Compost Cycle. And the third part of the trilogy, Three Sisters In A Row. Which leads to the cooking songs...

Umm. I'm gonna need help writing all these. smile

#4 2018-11-15 01:46:00

Starknight_One

Okay, okay. So I wrote the next one...

The Compost Cycle

Now if my brain will start coming up with ideas for Three Sisters In A Row, I'll be able to rest... wink

#5 2018-11-15 04:28:56

Monolith_Rans

Stew Stew its good for the heart
but we need seed
before we start
and three tidy rows
corn and squash and bean we grows

two wet bowls to build a crock
fire it hard to hold the stock
put the squash upon a plate
a hatchet cuts it up so great

shuck the corn and let it dry
while the bean dance keeps you spry
six beans in a bowl
then crush with rock
rinse then add them to the stock

then the corn goes in the bowl
the flint chip cuts it off the roll
then you must add that too
almost ready for that stew!

just add water to the pot
wait until the coals are hot
then on she goes, oh how fun!
feed the town with only one.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#6 2018-11-15 04:30:49

Monolith_Rans

feel free to add to this one.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#7 2018-11-15 16:12:22

Starknight_One

Monolith_Rans wrote:

Hmm... maybe. Nothing's really come to mind yet for Three Sisters In A Row, but I just finished the lyrics for The Compost Cycle, so it may take a day or two for the muse to start bugging me. smile

#8 2018-11-15 17:15:31

rhiser

Starknight_One wrote:
Monolith_Rans wrote:

Hmm... maybe. Nothing's really come to mind yet for Three Sisters In A Row, but I just finished the lyrics for The Compost Cycle, so it may take a day or two for the muse to start bugging me. smile

Would you say you have a specific muse? Perhaps an event, person, or concept? Must be a good one because this is eminem-quality flow right here^
Inspiration is something I always struggle to find for other work, but I agree on the usefulness of jingles in memorization, although for learning purposes this magnum opus may be a bit too lengthy tongue

"Order is the pleasure of reason, but disorder is the delight of the imagination" - Paul Claudel

What I imagine when I see someone knocking other people's home markers over.
(yes I know the mechanic doesn't get removed)

#9 2018-11-15 17:31:33

Starknight_One

rhiser wrote:
Starknight_One wrote:
Monolith_Rans wrote:

Would you say you have a specific muse? Perhaps an event, person, or concept? Must be a good one because this is eminem-quality flow right here^
Inspiration is something I always struggle to find for other work, but I agree on the usefulness of jingles in memorization, although for learning purposes this magnum opus may be a bit too lengthy tongue

It is, true, but it's awfully hard to compress this stuff and still have a decent rhyme scheme. And The Compost Cycle covers two types of crop and making compost, whereas The Berry Bush Song only deals with berries.

As for my muse, right now OHOL seems to be filling that role. smile

Last edited by Starknight_One (2018-11-15 17:33:26)

#10 2018-11-15 21:38:56

PeaGirl

rhiser wrote:
Starknight_One wrote:
Monolith_Rans wrote:

Well, that is probably it's point. If it is too boring to read, people perhaps either stop reading it, thank god if they look for wiki or onetech.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#11 2018-11-16 17:24:47

Starknight_One

PeaGirl wrote:

Well, that is probably it's point. If it is too boring to read, people perhaps either stop reading it, thank god if they look for wiki or onetech.

I know The Compost Cycle is long. It's something that would be sung by workers in the fields to their nearby children in the real world. Here, of course, it's just text, and so it looks intimidating.

I'll try to get them recorded in the next few weeks; that should make it more accessible to people.

Oh, and the muse hit last night, after the kid asked if I was going to write a song cursing the berry-gobblers. Well... not cursing, but painting them in a bad light: Gobble-uns!

This one is shorter, I promise. smile

Board footer