One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-12 22:46:45

Fetch

what do the monoliths mean?

On a couple of eve runs I have noticed little stone monoliths, with holes in them. They range from small with one hole, to bigger with three.
I assume these are markers of some sort, but I haven't ever seen a nearby town so I don't think the players are making them.

What gives?

#2 2018-11-12 22:59:22

tana

Re: what do the monoliths mean?

the small ones are bugs if i remember well, thay are supposed to be in the tutorial to give you advice.
the big ones are an old item that was used to trigger an apocalypse and wipe everything on the server.
but that has been disabled so now only the monilith remains, you still can do the steps (fill it with three gold ingots and attach a crowned horse to it) but it won't work.
Some have been using them for role play purpose as some kind of shrine to make an altor for whatever god they chose to worship.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#3 2018-11-12 23:07:14

MegaLlama

They are monuments from a bygone era, the now broken tools of a mad, destructive power that were once harnessed through the use of a cursed ritual. They are, the monoliths, they are the apocalypse.

Seriously though, they were from the now disabled update called the Apocalypse. If a group of players managed to slot three gold disks into it, capture a horse, put a crown on it and tie it to the monolith, it would cause the apocalypse, destroying everything and killing everyone.

The monoliths were disabled as they were abused by griefers and trolls who kept wiping everything every few hours.

You can still add the disks and horse, but it does nothing.

#4 2018-11-13 20:49:54

Joseph Stalin

yeah there was an apocalypse every hour or so, people got mad because their stuff was destroyed, Jason intervened
that was a fun update though

Board footer