One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-09 23:00:59

MeIsZ

Server's back online my dudes

we back B^)

If you're bored, check out this site poliwager.net. It's kinda like a online pokemon ranch simulator. The creator of Siivagunner is the owner of the site! big_smile

#2 2018-11-10 01:23:22

happynova

Re: Server's back online my dudes

And now I know what it's like trying to set up an Eve camp (or, technically, a children-of-Eve camp) with eager-but-clueless total newbies spawning in approximately every fifteen seconds.  That was pretty wild.  Wild, and entertaining, and doomed. smile

#3 2018-11-10 01:36:26

Starknight_One

happynova wrote:

And now I know what it's like trying to set up an Eve camp (or, technically, a children-of-Eve camp) with eager-but-clueless total newbies spawning in approximately every fifteen seconds.  That was pretty wild.  Wild, and entertaining, and doomed. smile

IKR?

I played some earlier today, and they were expanding a perfectly good berry field - which produced enough to make pies, compost, and mutton - because they couldn't conceive of food sources beyond berries. After they tore apart a second compost pile to put down even MORE rows of berries... when I told them we didn't need more... I just left camp. There were only two wells there... more berry bushes would just exhaust them faster. There was, I think, one more pond a bit north... maybe a couple more sort of nearish, but it would have been better to just build a new farm near those sources.

I'm not even sorry for the clothes and knife I took with me when I left. I mean... they put clothes on me as a kid, in the middle of a LARGE desert area, and my mom kept dropping me back into the hottest area when I'd move to cool down. And then some guy gave me a backpack with a knife while I was an infant. I guess I could have tried the 'grumpy farmer with knife' bit then... but I forgot to set a home marker, and didn't really care if I got lost while looking around. The joys of being a boy. smile

#4 2018-11-10 02:37:06

happynova

Starknight_One wrote:

I played some earlier today, and they were expanding a perfectly good berry field

Hey, I'll trade you noobs.  I was having a heck of a time trying to explain to mine how to plant the berries when we actually needed them.  I mean, they were trying, or at least some of them were, but it was just utter chaos.

Starknight_One wrote:

because they couldn't conceive of food sources beyond berries.

It apparently is quite a big leap to get comfortable eating anything but berries.  Or to actually get a sense of what non-berry things are or aren't edible.  I think fairly often they walk around going "Can I eat this? Can I eat this?" on non-edible things for a while, and then give up and stop trying to eat else anything at all.

Board footer