One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-09 22:34:57

MeIsZ

Can anyone else log on?

I can't log in. My guess it has something to do with the Steam release, or I missed an announcement.

If you're bored, check out this site poliwager.net. It's kinda like a online pokemon ranch simulator. The creator of Siivagunner is the owner of the site! big_smile

#2 2018-11-09 22:45:19

Starknight_One

Re: Can anyone else log on?

MeIsZ wrote:

I can't log in. My guess it has something to do with the Steam release, or I missed an announcement.

Having the same issue, across both Steam and non-Steam clients. Steam release day was yesterday, btw, and I've been playing with the Steam client since Jason sent us keys and have had no issues (aside from a bit of lag) up until now.

One thing I did notice was new upon firing up the game client was the obfuscation of your account details, although clicking on the 'View' button to reveal them and then attempting a login didn't help. The display being changed shouldn't have affected how the server receives the data, right?

#3 2018-11-09 22:45:47

VioletLily

MeIsZ wrote:

I was just about to post the same thing.

I can't connect to the servers. I even tried reinstalling my game...

#4 2018-11-09 22:47:38

MeIsZ

Starknight_One wrote:
MeIsZ wrote:

Having the same issue, across both Steam and non-Steam clients. Steam release day was yesterday, btw, and I've been playing with the Steam client since Jason sent us keys and have had no issues (aside from a bit of lag) up until now.

One thing I did notice was new upon firing up the game client was the obfuscation of your account details, although clicking on the 'View' button to reveal them and then attempting a login didn't help. The display being changed shouldn't have affected how the server receives the data, right?

The login details are kept in you directory so it has nothing to do with the server.

If you're bored, check out this site poliwager.net. It's kinda like a online pokemon ranch simulator. The creator of Siivagunner is the owner of the site! big_smile

#5 2018-11-09 22:50:43

Winkupo
Website

I can't connect too sad three red dots like "loading" is all i can see after log-in.

#6 2018-11-09 22:50:57

Starknight_One

MeIsZ wrote:
Starknight_One wrote:
MeIsZ wrote:

The login details are kept in you directory so it has nothing to do with the server.

I know that. But the credentials need to be sent to the server, and the way they are displayed in the client has changed since I last logged in. Since I am unable to log in now, I thereby surmise there *might* - not must - *might* be a connection. However, I did indicate that I felt it was a small probability.

#7 2018-11-09 22:51:41

VioletLily

I guess the servers must be down for some reason

#8 2018-11-09 22:58:28

West

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#9 2018-11-09 23:03:06

VioletLily

So some people are on the servers.

I still can't connect myself...

#10 2018-11-09 23:03:46

MeIsZ

VioletLily wrote:

So some people are on the servers.

I still can't connect myself...

I got in. Just keep restarting the game.

#11 2018-11-09 23:12:44

VioletLily

I've tried over 10 times now... Guess I'm playing a different game today. I really wanted to play the first day of the steam release too... T-T

#12 2018-11-09 23:14:40

MeIsZ

VioletLily wrote:

I've tried over 10 times now... Guess I'm playing a different game today. I really wanted to play the first day of the steam release too... T-T

Don't give up! Keep trying!

#13 2018-11-09 23:16:07

VioletLily

MeIsZ wrote:
VioletLily wrote:

I'll try again in an hour or so

#14 2018-11-09 23:18:16

MeIsZ

VioletLily wrote:
MeIsZ wrote:
VioletLily wrote:

I'll try again in an hour or so

Ok

#15 2018-11-09 23:38:37

GnarSlabdash

Just fyi, everything is back up now.

#16 2018-11-10 00:08:22

VioletLily

I still can't connect to the servers

#17 2018-11-10 00:53:01

Tea

Same here and I've restarted the game and pc multiple times, waited two hours and now I'm just waiting. Attempting Retry 25 ....

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#18 2018-11-10 01:31:44

Obs

Jason pushed out an update to fix some things and it inadvertently broke the networking in Windows clients.  For non-steam users, I also noticed that the auto-updater doesn't seem to work for updating the broken v166 clients to the fixed v167.  You can tell which version of the client that you currently have by reading the `binary.txt` file in your game folder.

If this is the case, simply re-install the game from scratch and let it fully update to v167.  Things should be fine after that.  Hope this helps!

#19 2018-11-10 01:35:18

Tea

Obs wrote:

Jason pushed out an update to fix some things and it inadvertently broke the networking in Windows clients.  For non-steam users, I also noticed that the auto-updater doesn't seem to work for updating the broken v166 clients to the fixed v167.  You can tell which version of the client that you currently have by reading the `binary.txt` file in your game folder.

If this is the case, simply re-install the game from scratch and let it fully update to v167.  Things should be fine after that.  Hope this helps!

Thanks, I'll do that ! Now if you'd just explain me how to reinstall the game, that would be lovely ^^ I don't want to accidentally do something wrong

#20 2018-11-10 01:41:37

Obs

Tea wrote:
Obs wrote:

Thanks, I'll do that ! Now if you'd just explain me how to reinstall the game, that would be lovely ^^ I don't want to accidentally do something wrong

Just hit the download link that should be in your Emails (Jason includes this even on his update notifications), or if you still have the original zip file you can use that again.  Then extract all of the zip file's contents into a new folder and that should be it!  (Also make sure it's a folder that isn't write-protected or has funky permissions.)

#21 2018-11-10 01:42:46

Tea

Thanks ♥

Board footer