One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-09 09:01:36

chiko

Will pitbulls are mean to us, even if not abused.

This page of onetech says:
After time has elapsed, Pitbull will be Old-PitBull or Mean-PitBull.
Will pitbulls are mean to us, even if not  abused.
Did I not give Mutton, did Pitbull get angry?

https://onetech.info/1659-Pit-Bull

Last edited by chiko (2018-11-09 09:32:34)

#2 2018-11-09 12:15:45

Tarr
Banned

Re: Will pitbulls are mean to us, even if not abused.

Jason has pitbulls turn mean randomly. Originally they were only mean and would attack anyone all the time. Now instead pitbulls only sometimes turn mean without abuse.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-11-09 13:10:43

Starknight_One

Re: Will pitbulls are mean to us, even if not abused.

Tarr wrote:

Jason has pitbulls turn mean randomly. Originally they were only mean and would attack anyone all the time. Now instead pitbulls only sometimes turn mean without abuse.

Honestly, it should be all dogs. The whole concept of 'dog breeds' is just a eugenics program run rampant. The natural state of canids is a random mix of traits; forcing them to breed into their own family line to 'fix' traits in place is a terrible idea from a genetics standpoint. It removes hybrid vigour and reinforces recessive traits that are not necessarily good for the species.

Pit bulls get a bad rap, but they're not bad dogs inherently. They're just the ones that people have focused on recently. When I was a child - 40 mumble years ago - it was 'known' that German Shepherds, Rottweilers and Dobermans were vicious and couldn't be trusted around children. My neighbors at the time had both a Rottie and Dobie and two children the age of my younger siblings, and they were the nicest dogs I ever met - until we got our Pibble mix last January. There was never a problem with those dogs, even when half the neighborhood kids were over in their yard. Those dogs just loved playing with kids.

My point is, there's very little evidence to support the idea that pit bulls are inherently vicious - or at least, no more so than any other animal bred for its aggression. Treat the dog well, correct it gently, don't abuse it, and you won't have a vicious dog while still getting useful work (or companionship) from them.

Ferals are another matter entirely - feral dogs quickly go back to being wolves, even if they look like a chihuahua. Watching a pack of them tear down a steer always gets me misty-eyed. smile

Board footer