One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 00:02:49

Left4twenty

A conceptual question

For what the game is currently emulating, A Neolithic stone to iron age society, The one hour/60 year comparision and amount of advancmemt that can be done, isn't too bad.  I'm wondering how it will be worked out in the game that in the modern age things have advanced theoretically multiples quicker than it has in the same amount of time leading up to it.  How will this game handle the advancement curve we see in regular life, where in a single generation, You go from phones being a rarity, to everyone having a computer that can also make phone calls using satellites orbiting the planet in their pocket?

Last edited by Left4twenty (2018-03-17 00:04:10)

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#2 2018-03-17 00:30:51

Hiker170

Re: A conceptual question

I feel it will be represented by some sort of milestone tool. Similar to how a blacksmith hammer lets you create all the tools you need. The ability to communicate like you said may be just the laptop or phone and its ability to communicate based around other structures that you need to create. So you may make something that looks like a touchscreen phone straight up but have to give it this ability to communicate by building towers and sending that satillite to space.

This would be looking at advancement more through the use of co-ordination rather than resources. Which honestly would make the game easy to those who communicate through other means, but would fit more with the tone of game, I feel.

Maybe though the pace will be slowed down, because we have to remember easy mode is on with the food consumption bonus and really only one path for agriculture. One possibility is that there will be extra steps to domestication of food, but more varieties of food in the different enviroments.

Board footer