One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-20 07:20:39

OldBaby

Anyone else been to the edge?

I stumbled upon the north edge during the last group playtest, also known as Babygeddon. I might have spawned in an unusual place because things were bugging out, I don't know. Didn't get to touch it though, my game crashed. I know it does something if you touch it because "Touched Edge" is in the recipe list. No spoilers, I'll pm you what it looked like if you want to ruin it for yourself. If you were designing this game, what would you put at the edge?

#2 2018-01-20 16:01:33

Alexotronic

Re: Anyone else been to the edge?

#3 2018-01-20 16:45:43

jasonrohrer
Administrator

So... I looked at the life logs, and I think you probably didn't reach "the edge," exactly, since you never got farther than 300 in any direction.  Maybe there was some lag and you didn't get a map chunk in time?  If that happens, you'll see some white areas with squiggly black lines.  Is that what you recall seeing?

If not... if you really moused over something very black and it said "The Edge," then please let me know, because you found a major bug.

The edge is out at coordinate 2 billion+ in any direction, and it looks very different than the map-not-fetched.

Probably the main way that any human being will ever see it is through running their own server where they can force eve location....

#4 2018-01-21 03:09:22

OldBaby

Oh, never mind. It was the squiggly lines.

Board footer